Author Topic: Mustang police cruiser coming back?  (Read 6510 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Mustang police cruiser coming back?
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2012, 10:45:46 PM »
While they are all built on a standard chassis, the nextgen cars are going to be a lot closer to the stock body than they have been in recent years. They tried it with the Nationwide series and it worked so now it will integrate into Cup. The "look" of the cars will more closely resemble the floor model. Everything under the sheet metal will remain the same.
that's part of what i'm talkin about....but can i go to ford and buy a v8 powered fusion? or to toyota and get a v8 powered camry?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2012, 11:10:01 PM »
NASCAR is a joke, it has become the professional wrestling of the motorsports world, it's almost down there with the mindless monster truck B.S.

They need to quit trying to put on a "show", and go back to racing. While they're at it, they need to put stock back in stock car racing. Go back to the rules as written and applied in the seventies. Real V8 RWD two door mid size cars, made from a "body in white" as purchased from the OEM. Sure, put them on a 2"x3" racing frame with truck trailing arms. But the car the body came from needs to meet the wheelbase, track width, and other required dimensions as produced. If it were me, I'd make them run a production engine, too, but I suppose the current engine rules are not anywhere near as horrific as the body "rules".

And if an OEM doesn't want to build a car that fits the rules, too damned bad, they can stay home and keep their junk off the track. Those tapered like a turd 4 door shapeless jelly bean cars need to be banished from stock car racing. If you need to screen print the make of the car on the front of it so the fans know what it is, you're doing it wrong. Any manufacturer that wanted to could build a V8 rear wheel drive mid sized two door sedan that would get 30MPG, if they wanted to. If they built them, and raced them, they'd probably sell a lot of them.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2012, 11:31:56 PM »
Our city police use Chargers mainly...Troopers and Sheriffs still use the CV's.
We got the new ford twin-turbo Taurus where I live...I wonder how quick they are...
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2012, 06:26:22 AM »
Same thing with drag racers, too? If you really want pure stock v pure stock and not some Pro wrestling match...
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2012, 07:40:30 AM »
NASCAR is a joke, it has become the professional wrestling of the motorsports world, it's almost down there with the mindless monster truck B.S.

They need to quit trying to put on a "show", and go back to racing. While they're at it, they need to put stock back in stock car racing. Go back to the rules as written and applied in the seventies. Real V8 RWD two door mid size cars, made from a "body in white" as purchased from the OEM. Sure, put them on a 2"x3" racing frame with truck trailing arms. But the car the body came from needs to meet the wheelbase, track width, and other required dimensions as produced. If it were me, I'd make them run a production engine, too, but I suppose the current engine rules are not anywhere near as horrific as the body "rules".

And if an OEM doesn't want to build a car that fits the rules, too damned bad, they can stay home and keep their junk off the track. Those tapered like a turd 4 door shapeless jelly bean cars need to be banished from stock car racing. If you need to screen print the make of the car on the front of it so the fans know what it is, you're doing it wrong. Any manufacturer that wanted to could build a V8 rear wheel drive mid sized two door sedan that would get 30MPG, if they wanted to. If they built them, and raced them, they'd probably sell a lot of them.

this is/was my point. although i'd go back into the 50's rules......well before they started perverting the rule books due to any particular manufacturers whines....
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2012, 07:41:16 AM »
We got the new ford twin-turbo Taurus where I live...I wonder how quick they are...

dunno 'bout top speeds, but supposedly low 13's high 12's as delivered........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2012, 07:42:03 AM »
Same thing with drag racers, too? If you really want pure stock v pure stock and not some Pro wrestling match...

leave funny car and top fuel alone....and otherwise, yes....but the stock back in pro stock, street stock, etc.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2012, 08:35:17 AM »
French highway cops have punny Subaru Impreza's and are switching to prepared Renault Megan RS's.

But its a different environment  :old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SARr2SGjN1E
now posting as SirNuke

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2012, 09:18:58 AM »
French highway cops have punny Subaru Impreza's and are switching to prepared Renault Megan RS's.

But its a different environment  :old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SARr2SGjN1E

i think they'd be better off sticking with the subarus.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2012, 10:16:46 AM »
this is/was my point. although i'd go back into the 50's rules......well before they started perverting the rule books due to any particular manufacturers whines....
Mid-late 60's was the pinnacle of stock car racing. You can still find "stock" racing in the US with smaller series like SCCA. The V-8 Supercar series in Australia is about as close as you'll come to the NASCAR of old.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2012, 11:21:28 AM »
i think they'd be better off sticking with the subarus.

The Subarus must be burned out if they change them, and if they buy cars they'll buy french cars unless forced to.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2012, 11:44:10 AM »
Since Nascar already has "spec bodies" why not go with some big retro bodies with the aerodynamics of a brick and get rid of the restrictor plates because said bricks are self-limiting?

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2012, 06:13:06 PM »

Drag racing has NHRA Stock Eliminator. Our cars a far closer to stock than NASCAR's stuff was 40 years ago. The body is entirely stock, we can't do anything but paint it, and roll the rear fender lip, right down to the cowl induction hood. We're allowed a 0.075" over bore, and must run a production crankshaft, +/- 0.015" on stroke, a stock length and bore connecting rod, a piston that is dimensionally the same as original (can be forged), stock carburetor (or replacement) stock lift and follower type on the cam, stock size valves, no porting, stock intake (or factory replacement). If it is a stick car, you can run an aftermarket transmission, if it is an automatic car, it must run a 3 speed automatic from the OEM. It must run a rear end from the OEM.

Even our traditional (not modified or GT classes) Super Stock cars are closer to stock than NASCAR has been in decades. The only thing we can do to the body is stretch the rear fender opening. We are allowed roller valvetrain, as well as porting and polishing.

Class racers in drag racing know what stock is, and we're a lot closer than NASCAR has been since the fifties. Our cars look exactly like real production cars. Because they are. Even the bogus "factory" cars are built on production bodies and chassis.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2012, 06:53:59 PM »
nothing common in the 60's ran 10's, 11's, or even 12's. stock means stock. if stock eliminator was all stock, you'd be seeing a bunch of guys running high 12's and low 13's. if they were lucky.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:56:16 PM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2012, 07:57:27 PM »

Drag racing has NHRA Stock Eliminator. Our cars a far closer to stock than NASCAR's stuff was 40 years ago. The body is entirely stock, we can't do anything but paint it, and roll the rear fender lip, right down to the cowl induction hood. We're allowed a 0.075" over bore, and must run a production crankshaft, +/- 0.015" on stroke, a stock length and bore connecting rod, a piston that is dimensionally the same as original (can be forged), stock carburetor (or replacement) stock lift and follower type on the cam, stock size valves, no porting, stock intake (or factory replacement). If it is a stick car, you can run an aftermarket transmission, if it is an automatic car, it must run a 3 speed automatic from the OEM. It must run a rear end from the OEM.

Even our traditional (not modified or GT classes) Super Stock cars are closer to stock than NASCAR has been in decades. The only thing we can do to the body is stretch the rear fender opening. We are allowed roller valvetrain, as well as porting and polishing.

Class racers in drag racing know what stock is, and we're a lot closer than NASCAR has been since the fifties. Our cars look exactly like real production cars. Because they are. Even the bogus "factory" cars are built on production bodies and chassis.
Ah got it. You like drag racing so it's not included.
Stay thirsty my friends.