Author Topic: Iowa Air Crash  (Read 450 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Iowa Air Crash
« on: September 02, 2012, 02:59:21 PM »

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
Re: Iowa Air Crash
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 03:09:20 PM »
 :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :confused:
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 03:36:57 PM »
 :pray

:salute
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 04:24:39 PM »
Anyone else get a bit nauseated listening to media idiots?
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 04:51:06 PM »
The report I read said he was doing an airshow maneuver called a "45 degree bank turn".  Must be something dangerous.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 04:59:38 PM »
The report I read said he was doing an airshow maneuver called a "45 degree bank turn".  Must be something dangerous.

Probably requires extensive training and practice.  Most folks only ever do them in a simulator -- and then only during emergency maneuver training.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 10:06:05 PM »
Anyone else get a bit nauseated listening to media idiots?

You expect more from them?  :huh
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 10:07:29 PM »
 :pray :salute
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 10:48:59 PM »
Friend of mine was good friends with the pilot and also at the show. He said there was a loud bang before the crash.

Fair skies and tailwinds, Skids.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 02:21:18 AM »
 :salute :pray
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 11:20:19 AM »
Article today with a poor video indicate a possible collision might have been the cause of losing control of the aircraft. They were changing formation while initiating a turn to the direction away from where the plane impacted

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/air-show-disaster-iowa-caught-tape-142055601--abc-news-topstories.html
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 09:01:20 PM »
We built smoke units for one of those jets last year. Not sure if it is one in the video.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 11:27:42 AM »
Article today with a poor video indicate a possible collision might have been the cause of losing control of the aircraft. They were changing formation while initiating a turn to the direction away from where the plane impacted

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/air-show-disaster-iowa-caught-tape-142055601--abc-news-topstories.html

Just saw some vid of the cross-over -- no collision occured.
Columbo

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 11:38:05 AM »
Interesting to note that the incident aircraft (left wing) is flying a wider position than the right wing aircraft.  Wonder if there was something distracting the pilot before the cross over?

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 11:58:45 AM »
New video taken from close to the crash site shows no collision.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)