Author Topic: Can Anyone Run MAX Everything?  (Read 16606 times)

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Can Anyone Run MAX Everything?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 08:33:20 PM »
Building & parting a system now... Total cost with monitors is in excess of 8,000 now. It will run max no problems.

I'll post parts if you wanna see them.

(I do more than just AH which is why I'm spending close too ten grand & you can buy a new system that should max with solid frames for around 4,000)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:36:18 PM by deadstikmac »

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 08:51:38 PM »
I think 4096 shadows performs & looks good.  I'm talking without smooth shadows.  As soon as I click smooth shadows, fps are in the toilet.  But 4096 isn't too bad on it's own.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 09:09:37 PM »
I have an Intel I7-2600k system and an AMD 975 quad-core system, both will run AH with
all graphics on or maxed using 4096 shadows @ 1920 x 1200 or 1080 at a constant 59/60 frame rate

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 09:35:34 PM »
I have an Intel I7-2600k system and an AMD 975 quad-core system, both will run AH with
all graphics on or maxed using 4096 shadows @ 1920 x 1200 or 1080 at a constant 59/60 frame rate

TC

I doubt you have the new environment slider on max though. 

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 09:59:12 PM »
I doubt you have the new environment slider on max though.  

I'm not sure Midway, and will not be able to verify until I get back home to NC next week ( Tuesday ).
I am down in Florida visiting my youngest Daughter for a lil bit

TC

edit: if nothing has changed since the August Saturday koth, then yes I do have it maxed on my I7 system
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 10:03:44 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 10:13:08 PM »
I'm not sure Midway, and will not be able to verify until I get back home to NC next week ( Tuesday ).
I am down in Florida visiting my youngest Daughter for a lil bit

TC

edit: if nothing has changed since the August Saturday koth, then yes I do have it maxed on my I7 system

Where did you purchase your system?

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 10:27:49 PM »
Where did you purchase your system?

I research and select the components I want.... then build myself...

I have posted both systems specs in the hardware and software forum a few times since July
of last year....  I would try and type them out now, but it's hard typing on this EVO phone

TC

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 10:48:51 PM »
I never said no one needs 8192 shadows.  all I said was your rig wont come even close to play 8192, i kind of doubt it will play with 4096 and everything else on.  hey I can play pogo with everything on and there's over 100k players on at all times. but I cant do shadows at 8192 in aces high, so something is gotta be wrong with aces high.

semp

I didn't realize pogo and Battlefield3/Arma 2 was the same thing... :headscratch: I didn't realize AH has better graphics than both, and I didn't realize AH had more detail per kilometer than Arma 2.  :headscratch:

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 10:55:08 PM »
Sadly, I cannot due to my running the game in multi-monitor mode.  Even my SLIed dual GTX 570s can't run everything maxed when running at 5990x1080 resolution.   :x 

Still....it looks pretty good to me as is and I do have quite a few things turned on.....

IM000019 by AKFulcrm, on Flickr
OH COME ON!  :salute
Pies not kicks.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 12:27:49 AM »
I research and select the components I want.... then build myself...

I have posted both systems specs in the hardware and software forum a few times since July
of last year....  I would try and type them out now, but it's hard typing on this EVO phone

TC

Found it, although it's all Greek to me: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,331443.msg4347425.html#msg4347425

:salute

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 12:44:19 AM »
I didn't realize pogo and Battlefield3/Arma 2 was the same thing... :headscratch: I didn't realize AH has better graphics than both, and I didn't realize AH had more detail per kilometer than Arma 2.  :headscratch:

and that is why you dont know why your computer cant run 8196 shadows.  you dont have the slightest idea of how those games use your computer resources.  i can put a bluray disk in my computer and the graphics are amazing better than anything any of those games can do.  and yet we arent comparing the same thing are we?  which is what you are trying to do with battlefield3/arm2 or aces high.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 01:58:08 AM »
and that is why you dont know why your computer cant run 8196 shadows.  you dont have the slightest idea of how those games use your computer resources.  i can put a bluray disk in my computer and the graphics are amazing better than anything any of those games can do.  and yet we arent comparing the same thing are we?  which is what you are trying to do with battlefield3/arm2 or aces high.

semp

I understand that point of view, but these games still look better than aces high, trained eye or not.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2012, 02:46:21 AM »
I have a 6970 and x4 phenom with 8g ram.

I dont have everything on, but my PC is 5 years old.

60fps cant see the point in some of the effects, but its a bit like cup holders in cars (handy)

The AH is small compared to other games which is a bonus, you can install it and reinstall it very quickly if there is a problem.

New clouds and shiny bits is very nice :old:

Glouster Meteor would make the game run better :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 03:52:12 AM »
I understand that point of view, but these games still look better than aces high, trained eye or not.

It might be possible to make AH even prettier even given its limitations but it is limited in order to make things as easy as possible on your system so that your system still has enough horsepower for everything else (networking and sounds and so on). The problem that a flight sim faces when it comes to textures is that you are always looking at a very contrasty scene. They could add more realistic textures by reducing the terrain colors supported further (sounds backwards right?) but then the contrast between ground and sky (sun specifically) would draw even more complaints.

You know an education in digital design would only cost you about $50,000 and by then you could learn to use the terrain editor too plus make awesome skins and sounds.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2012, 05:32:31 AM »
I think the textures and models are ok. We know that AH displays everything in a 18 miles radius and that is a main feature of the game, along with being the major ressource hog. I'm no 3D engine expert but it seems like Aces high doesn't have many level of rendering details depending on the distance of the object displayed. Trees are still displayed the exact same whatever the distance is, planes change from detailed models to cubes abruptly, ground cutter don't go further than a few metres distance...

In the other bigger games you can see the level of detail changing smoothly as you approach an object or get separation from it, which is not really the case in here.

I perceive Aces high as a very powerful tool, but a blunt one.
now posting as SirNuke