Author Topic: Can Anyone Run MAX Everything?  (Read 16459 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: Can Anyone Run MAX Everything?
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2012, 09:21:13 AM »
i run max on everything with 74fps. I7, 18gigs of ram, 1 tb raid, radeon 4890. home built machine.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2012, 09:30:14 AM »
i run max on everything with 74fps. I7, 18gigs of ram, 1 tb raid, radeon 4890. home built machine.

Maybe someday we'll have a 64bit version of Aces high able to make advantage of all this RAM  :pray
now posting as SirNuke

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2012, 09:50:17 AM »
and that is why you dont know why your computer cant run 8196 shadows.  you dont have the slightest idea of how those games use your computer resources.  i can put a bluray disk in my computer and the graphics are amazing better than anything any of those games can do.  and yet we arent comparing the same thing are we?  which is what you are trying to do with battlefield3/arm2 or aces high.

semp

Have him tell you all about AH's "non-optimized code"

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2012, 09:56:20 AM »
Sadly, I cannot due to my running the game in multi-monitor mode.  Even my SLIed dual GTX 570s can't run everything maxed when running at 5990x1080 resolution.   :x 

Still....it looks pretty good to me as is and I do have quite a few things turned on.....

IM000019 by AKFulcrm, on Flickr

*drool*

Very nice!
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2012, 10:04:46 AM »
and that is why you dont know why your computer cant run 8196 shadows.  you dont have the slightest idea of how those games use your computer resources.  i can put a bluray disk in my computer and the graphics are amazing better than anything any of those games can do.  and yet we arent comparing the same thing are we?  which is what you are trying to do with battlefield3/arm2 or aces high.

semp

:rolleyes:

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2012, 10:08:56 AM »
I think 4096 shadows performs & looks good.  I'm talking without smooth shadows.  As soon as I click smooth shadows, fps are in the toilet.  But 4096 isn't too bad on it's own.

Coogan

I find the "smooth Sadows" doesn't work very well at all. It blurs the shadows rather than sharpening edges. In fact AA setting in the card do more for shadows than "smooth shadows" do for much less frame rate hit. "Smooth Shadows" is just not a good frame rate value over more AA.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2012, 10:55:44 AM »
I ticked the moving water and it did not move when I hit it. My 38 was destroyed.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TWC_Angel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2012, 11:05:01 AM »
i Have a Phenom 2 X2 Black Edition (Callisto) O.C. to 4 ghz stable along with dual 6870 ATI graphics cards and 10 gigs ram
B4 update it was solid 60 fps no matter what i had turned on. Now i can run AH with the slider full and all options checked but shadows
on other players and it gives me a solid 30 fps.

Im curious why i can run bf3 on ultimate with no issue, but the most i get from AH full is 30.
not complaining or anything  :aok
IGN: Angel
DGSII: I./JG1
-=Top*Gun=-
"Guaranteed, knock-down-dragged-out dogfight.       
       Every time."    ((♥ That 190))

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2012, 11:11:55 AM »
i Have a Phenom 2 X2 Black Edition (Callisto) O.C. to 4 ghz stable along with dual 6870 ATI graphics cards and 10 gigs ram
B4 update it was solid 60 fps no matter what i had turned on. Now i can run AH with the slider full and all options checked but shadows
on other players and it gives me a solid 30 fps.

Im curious why i can run bf3 on ultimate with no issue, but the most i get from AH full is 30.
not complaining or anything  :aok

Your computer is obviously not powerful enough, or Aces high is too pretty for your hardware. Choose your answer.  :D

There is no problem with Aces High *waves hand ben kenobi style*  :old:
now posting as SirNuke

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2012, 11:58:19 AM »
Your computer is obviously not powerful enough, or Aces high is too pretty for your hardware. Choose your answer.  :D

There is no problem with Aces High *waves hand ben kenobi style*  :old:

nobody is saying ah is perfect.  Otherwise explain to me why I run ah with shadow at 4096 and yet at most I get 40 fps on wot with max settings. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2012, 12:09:13 PM »

nobody is saying ah is perfect.  Otherwise explain to me why I run ah with shadow at 4096 and yet at most I get 40 fps on wot with max settings.  

semp

I don't know. Some people with low configs report they can run AH with everything on, some others with high end configs report they have trouble running with everything on. Hard to decipher the true from the false, and HTC doesn't have the kind of money to have intel and AMD PC's to test the different hardwares and guide us on what's best to buy for aces high. Less memory? Less Cores? More Ghz? Which architecture? Which OS?

I recently upgraded to a 5900*1200 resolution, in most games, like skyrim and source games, I just had to remove antialias to have a playable framerate. In aces high I had to remove pretty much everything. Once that was done, I had to remove shadows altogether, because I was loosing 20 fps when my oil was hit! 20 fps removal just for a bitmap on my windscreen and smoke coming out of my plane!!! You've got to admit Aces High is a weird program at times.

I didn't even bother reporting this one to HTC, because the problem is obviously within my computer! Waste of my time. So now I'm playing with early 2000 graphics on a 3.6Ghz Phenom II X4, Radeon 6870, and 8Gb RAM.

I'm sorry but the 18 miles render range explanation for the low performance is getting a bit old now.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:24:36 PM by Noir »
now posting as SirNuke

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2012, 12:31:22 PM »
my setup:

I5-2500k Running stable at 4.8Ghz
XFX 6950 2Gig
16GB 1600mhz Ram

If I run the slider more than 1 or 2 notches the frame rate drops in the teens. and that is with just 512 shadows and the AA slider in AH off. I just dont see how some of you guys are running everything full as I dont think my system is that weak.  :headscratch:

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2012, 02:58:38 PM »
alienware aurora
ATI Radeon 5970 2GB GDDR5 eyefinity setup (3 monitors)
Intel i7 930 processor
Xeno pro frame rate booster
1TB memory

Everything is on except slider is only 1/4%. With 3 monitor setup frame rate usually around 25 to 30 except in heavy GV battles dips to around 15 but I have no problems running the game at these frame rates.

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2012, 03:16:47 PM »
my setup:

I5-2500k Running stable at 4.8Ghz
XFX 6950 2Gig
16GB 1600mhz Ram

If I run the slider more than 1 or 2 notches the frame rate drops in the teens. and that is with just 512 shadows and the AA slider in AH off. I just dont see how some of you guys are running everything full as I dont think my system is that weak.  :headscratch:

You have some kind of problem I think
 I just upgraded 3570 stock 3.4 to 3.8 gigabyte mB  2133 patriot memory bought recently

6950 double d  xfx   and seasonic PSU I bought last christmas during specials last christmas

I run at 50fps full slider and 2028 video and shadows on..I forgot the shadows settings.
 and 2 notches antialiasing.

Down 2 notches , about halfway I run 59 fps

I don't care for the shadows actually so I don't run them. Only for experiment.
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2012, 05:41:55 PM »
I don't know. Some people with low configs report they can run AH with everything on, some others with high end configs report they have trouble running with everything on. Hard to decipher the true from the false, and HTC doesn't have the kind of money to have intel and AMD PC's to test the different hardwares and guide us on what's best to buy for aces high. Less memory? Less Cores? More Ghz? Which architecture? Which OS?

I recently upgraded to a 5900*1200 resolution, in most games, like skyrim and source games, I just had to remove antialias to have a playable framerate. In aces high I had to remove pretty much everything. Once that was done, I had to remove shadows altogether, because I was loosing 20 fps when my oil was hit! 20 fps removal just for a bitmap on my windscreen and smoke coming out of my plane!!! You've got to admit Aces High is a weird program at times.

I didn't even bother reporting this one to HTC, because the problem is obviously within my computer! Waste of my time. So now I'm playing with early 2000 graphics on a 3.6Ghz Phenom II X4, Radeon 6870, and 8Gb RAM.

I'm sorry but the 18 miles render range explanation for the low performance is getting a bit old now.

well i play with a 2500k, sli evga 465 and 16gb ram and 5760x1080 resolution.  have no problems whatsoever.  your system is a lot less powerful than mine.  I say you are over taxing your system.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.