Author Topic: Trains to the City Complex  (Read 905 times)

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
Trains to the City Complex
« on: September 03, 2012, 10:54:20 PM »
The trains to the factories in the city complex where defaulted to All Country Objects within a 2 mile radius which resulted in most if not all the factories getting supplied by more then one train.  This was apparently fixed in some way.  Where the properties of the trains change so the Resource Type is now the type of factory being supplied, or was the destination radius reduced so as not to include other factories, or was something else done?

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Re: Trains to the City Complex
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 03:43:19 AM »
For my MA terrain I was recently told by HTC that each train track should now end on a square adjacent to its factory. I also reduced each track's supply radius to one mile but I'm not sure if that is a requirement as well.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 09:07:12 AM »
For my MA terrain I was recently told by HTC that each train track should now end on a square adjacent to its factory. I also reduced each track's supply radius to one mile but I'm not sure if that is a requirement as well.

What happens now is that is searches for the closest "country" object at the end of the track. It then supplies all objects of that type in the radius given.

HiTech

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 01:18:03 PM »
Greebo,
Usually I have been running the train track into the square that contains the factory or HQ.  But if they want them off in an adjacent square that is fine with me.  The tracks do not render in squares with objects anyway -- at least for me.  In this terrain I'm currently working on, I have some large fields that are getting supplied by train and they will end in adjacent squares.  Thanks.

What happens now is that is searches for the closest "country" object at the end of the track. It then supplies all objects of that type in the radius given.

HiTech,

I thought that is the way it always worked and the problem of objects rebuild too fast was the trains going to the city complex where set to supply all country objects with a radius that would encompass several factories and the central city.  (I typed above that the radius was 2 miles but I think the default was actually 5 miles.)  The available solutions were either:

1. Set the resource type to "All Country Objects" with a small radius.
2. Set the resource type to the type of objects being supplied (factory, city, or hq) with a large radius.

The first solution is what I typically use, but the central city area is close to the barracks factory that forces a small radius when using All Country Objects as a resource type.  The small radius then prevents some flak towers from getting supplied.  (Do the flack towers need supplies?)

With the second solution you can specify the resource type as Barracks Factory with a large radius without supplying the city, but I'm not sure if the flak towers that could be tagged as country objects would get supplied.

Now I had seen in another thread that a solution was found but it did not describe what it was.  I could have been to reduce the number or trains to a single train to the central city that would supply all country objects within a 5 mile radius.  I'm just trying to find out the requirements for supplying the city complex.