Author Topic: A horde or just not discipline formation flying?  (Read 3167 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: A horde or just not discipline formation flying?
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2012, 01:44:59 PM »
Well you play as you choose,its your money.I choose to play to win the map and that requires I shoot down planes,blow up tanks,destroy ground objects.And there is a carrot at the end of that stick.The winners of the map get perkies.
Word of advice dont bring that sword to a gunfight.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

oh my word...

oh perkies...oh my.....thats it......... thats the reason to play...to earn perks...... :rofl :rofl :rofl

I have a feeling I earn far more fighter perks then you ever will :aok

and your "advise" is just eye opening wow....man...I am impressed with your insightfullness....I now know when I go to gun fights to not bring my sword.....thank you..... you probably saved my life.......I am in your debt.  

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2012, 01:51:03 PM »
The point of the game is... whatever you want it to be.

INK likes to fight.  He doesn't really fly buffs, doesn't care for GV'ing.  He likes upping a KI, getting all sweaty and flush while pwning and dying.   :aok

Others like to take bases, bomb stuff, GV, hoarde, talk trash on 200, audition for NASA, pick, HO, up a PT boat, fire 8 inchers, vulch, etc.   :aok

While some of the above isn't my cup of tea, I must be in the minority when I say I like to fight,  take bases, AND win the war.  Sometimes I'm only up to do one or the other and sometimes I'm doing one while I do the others.  It really just depends on my blood/alcohol level, moon phase, and allotted time to play.    :D

Seriously... I've seen a few too many of these type of discussions lately.  It's silly.  Play the game.  HTC and the supporting players have put a lot of time and effort in to giving us all just about any option we could want.   :rock

well said...I agree there are all kinds of things to do in AH...one of the things that make AH great....but I must dispel the notion/ignorance that the MA is a "war" only arena.....and that base taking is the main thing is AH.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2012, 02:13:42 PM »
well said...I agree there are all kinds of things to do in AH...one of the things that make AH great....but I must dispel the notion/ignorance that the MA is a "war" only arena.....and that base taking is the main thing is AH.

For you it's not, but that option is there.  Bases can be taken, GV's can be bomb****ed, ords can be porked.  All in the name of floating whatever boat you're riding in.

Don't get me wrong... sometimes when I'm in "fighter mode" all I want are some good 1v1's and I'm constantly getting ganged and picked, I get  :furious and just want everyone to play the way I wanna play.  C'mon you sissies... one at a time!   :old:

But backing away from the joystick for a minute gives some perspective.  If I just wanna fight, shouldn't I go to the DA? I've got squaddies who like to fight (plus many here who by reputation probably would roll with me). Isn't it silly of me to expect others to want to play my way when A) There's an arena set up just for dogfighting and B) I'm trying to dogfight in an arena with others trying to do other things.

That said, I feel the pain.  Sometimes ya just gotta blow off some steam.  That LA and Zeke weren't protecting the buffs behind them, they are gutless tards who can't fight 1v1!  :D  That 51 that just blew past me without dropping his ords?  A nancy boy who is afraid of me!   :neener:

At the end of the day, some of us are just playing a different game.  All of them (well, most  :D) worth playing. 

:cheers:

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline 68EZPkns

• Zinc Member
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2012, 02:44:45 PM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl

oh my word...

oh perkies...oh my.....thats it......... thats the reason to play...to earn perks...... :rofl :rofl :rofl

I have a feeling I earn far more fighter perks then you ever will :aok

and your "advise" is just eye opening wow....man...I am impressed with your insightfullness....I now know when I go to gun fights to not bring my sword.....thank you..... you probably saved my life.......I am in your debt.  

I simply mentioned the fact that the winners recieve perks because its obviously a reward for winning the map.And my comment about the sword was an attempt at humor,maybe not very good but tht was wht it was.But your comment about how many perks you have is obviously an attempt by you to assert your superiorty over me.And you may well be a better 1 on 1 dogfighter thn me,I could care less.Iv never claimed to be the best at anything in this game.And I never called this GAME a WAR.Games by their definition have an objective.To win.Iv been playing this game for at least 8 years now.Havnt always had the same name because I have taken breaks from it for lack of intrest.But there isnt much I havnt seen or done that can be seen or done.Maybe I should just shut up because you obviousy are the smartest  person on the forum.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2012, 02:55:03 PM »
I simply mentioned the fact that the winners recieve perks because its obviously a reward for winning the map.And my comment about the sword was an attempt at humor,maybe not very good but tht was wht it was.But your comment about how many perks you have is obviously an attempt by you to assert your superiorty over me.And you may well be a better 1 on 1 dogfighter thn me,I could care less.Iv never claimed to be the best at anything in this game.And I never called this GAME a WAR.Games by their definition have an objective.To win.Iv been playing this game for at least 8 years now.Havnt always had the same name because I have taken breaks from it for lack of intrest.But there isnt much I havnt seen or done that can be seen or done.Maybe I should just shut up because you obviousy are the smartest  person on the forum.
8 years? Just wondering what your in game name is? No offense ,you just don't sound like a long timer.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2012, 03:05:37 PM »
For you it's not, but that option is there.  Bases can be taken, GV's can be bomb****ed, ords can be porked.  All in the name of floating whatever boat you're riding in.

Don't get me wrong... sometimes when I'm in "fighter mode" all I want are some good 1v1's and I'm constantly getting ganged and picked, I get  :furious and just want everyone to play the way I wanna play.  C'mon you sissies... one at a time!   :old:

But backing away from the joystick for a minute gives some perspective.  If I just wanna fight, shouldn't I go to the DA? I've got squaddies who like to fight (plus many here who by reputation probably would roll with me). Isn't it silly of me to expect others to want to play my way when A) There's an arena set up just for dogfighting and B) I'm trying to dogfight in an arena with others trying to do other things.

That said, I feel the pain.  Sometimes ya just gotta blow off some steam.  That LA and Zeke weren't protecting the buffs behind them, they are gutless tards who can't fight 1v1!  :D  That 51 that just blew past me without dropping his ords?  A nancy boy who is afraid of me!   :neener:

At the end of the day, some of us are just playing a different game.  All of them (well, most  :D) worth playing. 

I don't care how one plays the game.....more power to them....if they are into the war thats great.... seriously.....

my point is the MA is NOT just about base taking like he tries to say and I want to make sure his hogwash is corrected.

I simply mentioned the fact that the winners recieve perks because its obviously a reward for winning the map.And my comment about the sword was an attempt at humor,maybe not very good but tht was wht it was.But your comment about how many perks you have is obviously an attempt by you to assert your superiorty over me.And you may well be a better 1 on 1 dogfighter thn me,I could care less.Iv never claimed to be the best at anything in this game.And I never called this GAME a WAR.Games by their definition have an objective.To win.Iv been playing this game for at least 8 years now.Havnt always had the same name because I have taken breaks from it for lack of intrest.But there isnt much I havnt seen or done that can be seen or done.Maybe I should just shut up because you obviousy are the smartest  person on the forum.

my comment on the perks was just a way to show you that is a silly argument.....

you are trying to assert that the MA is just about the war.....and you are wrong.....you just dont want to admit it....

I never said I was the best....please show me where I did.....

you are simply wrong saying the MA is only about the war......

winning to some is not the same to others.....winning the map may well be all cool for those that are into that..and never have I said that was a "wrong" way to play.....but not everyone is into the war.....I know many players that don't give two squats about what the map looks like....or how the "war" is going.....to many that never even enters the mind.

I will always admit if I am proven wrong....we are all wrong at some point....on this one its your turn. :aok

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2012, 03:16:14 PM »
I miss the days I can jsut fly around in a Ki-84 or 109G6 and just find small duels, burned myself from the game by trying to counter the hordes, I just am losing to much interest anymore..

Either going to have to join the horde and pick all day, or just give up the game.
JG 52

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2012, 03:19:20 PM »
For you it's not, but that option is there.  Bases can be taken, GV's can be bomb****ed, ords can be porked.  All in the name of floating whatever boat you're riding in.

Don't get me wrong... sometimes when I'm in "fighter mode" all I want are some good 1v1's and I'm constantly getting ganged and picked, I get  :furious and just want everyone to play the way I wanna play.  C'mon you sissies... one at a time!   :old:

But backing away from the joystick for a minute gives some perspective.  If I just wanna fight, shouldn't I go to the DA? I've got squaddies who like to fight (plus many here who by reputation probably would roll with me). Isn't it silly of me to expect others to want to play my way when A) There's an arena set up just for dogfighting and B) I'm trying to dogfight in an arena with others trying to do other things.

That said, I feel the pain.  Sometimes ya just gotta blow off some steam.  That LA and Zeke weren't protecting the buffs behind them, they are gutless tards who can't fight 1v1!  :D  That 51 that just blew past me without dropping his ords?  A nancy boy who is afraid of me!   :neener:

At the end of the day, some of us are just playing a different game.  All of them (well, most  :D) worth playing.  

All this is 100% true, the problem arises when a player, or group of players play the game in a way that is detrimental to the play of others.

The horde allows no real defense. It flatten ALL objects at a base like a horde of locust and once it captures the base it disappears and moves off someplace else. Should you spot the horde, and if luck should be with you and a number of other players get together it is possible to slow a horde, but all you can do is slow it. It will give up on the mission at hand and once again disappear only to find another place on the map it thinks it can grab another base WITHOUT being detected until it's too late.

If a single player is calling out the hidden cv's to the other teams, it is considered detrimental to game play. Why isn't a horde of locust swamping a base considered the same? Should a team of 10 skilled players get together and spend there time doing nothing but hunting a certain horde (any one of the many, not singling any squad out here) the entire night so that they NEVER get half way to a base let alone capture one would it be con sided detrimental to game play? After all, they are taking away the "play" that that horde was looking forward to doing, removing any possibility of fun for them, or would it be allowed?

I don't have a problem with the "win the war" crowd, as long as they fight for it. If your going to allow them to hide and avoid fighting they might as well start handing out A bombs. What better way to win the war fast. Thats all they are after right?  
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 03:21:04 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2012, 03:23:08 PM »
I miss the days I can jsut fly around in a Ki-84 or 109G6 and just find small duels, burned myself from the game by trying to counter the hordes, I just am losing to much interest anymore..

Either going to have to join the horde and pick all day, or just give up the game.

its still fun for me.....I need AH.....good way to get stress out.....

although I will admit 10/15 on 1 is a bit over board :rofl

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2012, 03:26:08 PM »
its still fun for me.....I need AH.....good way to get stress out.....

although I will admit 10/15 on 1 is a bit over board :rofl

I ran into this last night, 5 guys at 20k vs my 109G6 at 7k....... I didn't even manage to tag one, they all just bounced me at same time.

Good for them, teamwork is important, but at least give the guy a fighting chance.
JG 52

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2012, 03:31:58 PM »
I ran into this last night, 5 guys at 20k vs my 109G6 at 7k....... I didn't even manage to tag one, they all just bounced me at same time.

Good for them, teamwork is important, but at least give the guy a fighting chance.

I watch the hoard... and try to get above them, thats the only fighting chance you have, sad part is they would have most likely hit the deck as fast as possible if you were above them  :rofl

not everyone plays like that, I do find some great fights every time I fly....

was fighting a few last week sometime, and one refused to pick me while fighting 3 of his countrymen....he send me a PM...his team mates were giving him a hard time for not jumping in......  :rofl :rofl

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2012, 03:39:35 PM »
Some years ago i seen players talking about how hording was getting worse ,and i would just think o you old timers,but in the years going by it dose seem to get worse all the time.
To many kids that play point and shoot games and just want to rack up kills. It seemed like there used to be more players that wanted player vs player, to see who is the best,many don't seem to want to learn anymore ..just want to point and shoot.

(edit) On that note im in TA often and would be happy to work with any player on acm.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2012, 03:57:28 PM »
8 years? Just wondering what your in game name is? No offense ,you just don't sound like a long timer.

I lost my first 2 BBS accounts since I didn't have the password or email address that goes with it. I signed up around 2000.
JG 52

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2012, 04:04:38 PM »
The fun comes as a result of the combat incured whn one side tries to take bases from another.
Maybe hitech should add a "free for all" arena.Fighter ace used to have one and was very popular.

There is one in the DA. The lake.

But the city ack has to be down to take the city. After a base capture why not leave the city ack down and what base ack was down for a period of time. This has been brought up before. This makes the new owner (country) protect the base. Instead of just landing and planning the next NOE.
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2012, 04:15:50 PM »

Be nice if there was a few people that would goto the DA and fight 3v3 or 5v5 (random number) which ever number. Canyon fights are fun to.

Never going to get a break in the MA unless its late at night. Away from peak hours the game changes some or at least it used to.
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty