Author Topic: Populateion screen blank.  (Read 7940 times)

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: Populateion screen blank.
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2012, 10:23:04 PM »
Not trying to Hi-Jack this thread - but I suppose the problem could be along the same lines..

Any new news about the Bombers (Bombs) actually dropping?

haven't heard anything about it for several weeks
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2012, 11:15:51 AM »
That is fixed online as of the host release last week.

HiTech

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2012, 02:09:02 PM »
Iv'e wasted probably 30 hours of my life on this and give up.

Someone else who knows what they are doing will have to determine whether it works or not.

I can't tell if it's me or the program.

Offline Zodiac

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2012, 05:17:54 PM »
Thanks for the screen shot. For some reason the .res file is not reaching the server.

It appears you have changed the destination directory, I bet that is what is breaking the upload of the .res file.
set it back to the missres folder.

HiTech

Changing the destination directory to the .missres folder did fix the problem, I don't recall ever changing it to the misstemp but who knows.
 Thanks for the fix HiTech. :aok

Iv'e wasted probably 30 hours of my life on this and give up.

Someone else who knows what they are doing will have to determine whether it works or not.

I can't tell if it's me or the program.

Jimson if you haven't tried this yet this could be the problem for you also. When you open the Uploader there are 2 lines that allow you to choose a file extension. On the one that says 'Destination Directory' make sure that it is set to  C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\missres. Mine was set to C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\misstemp for some reason, changing it back to the missres folder solved the blank population screen issue for me.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 05:20:11 PM by Zodiac »
Member DFC
Quote from: Skuzzy
No cookie for you.
Quote from: Wiley
If they want to run to their ack or friendlies that's fine.  It's up to me to catch them and not get killed in the process if I can.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2012, 05:23:43 PM »
Jimson if you haven't tried this yet this could be the problem for you also. When you open the Uploader there are 2 lines that allow you to choose a file extension. On the one that says 'Destination Directory' make sure that it is set to  C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\missres. Mine was set to C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\misstemp for some reason, changing it back to the missres folder solved the blank population screen issue for me.

OK

I can confirm that the destination directory is automatically switching from missres to misstemp. I know this for a fact because mine was set to misstemp and I changed it back to missres and uploaded a mission and it worked as far as populating but when I updated the mission and re-uploaded it, it didn't work and when I checked it, it was changed back to misstemp.

I did not change it myself, of that I am sure.

At least I am getting somewhere now.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 05:26:15 PM by jimson »

Offline Zodiac

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »
Good news is the problem has been identified and can be worked around, so I guess we are both back in the Mission making business.
Member DFC
Quote from: Skuzzy
No cookie for you.
Quote from: Wiley
If they want to run to their ack or friendlies that's fine.  It's up to me to catch them and not get killed in the process if I can.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2012, 06:05:48 PM »
Good news is the problem has been identified and can be worked around, so I guess we are both back in the Mission making business.

True, I'm done with simple test missions and will work on some real ones now.