Author Topic: Custom fuel loadout for each tank  (Read 1120 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: Custom fuel loadout for each tank
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2012, 05:07:55 PM »
Ithanks for the AV gas there HT I had no idea it was lighter than regular gallons or whatever the word I'm looking for................
 :salute

gallon is a measure of volume not weight.  i
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2012, 05:15:43 PM »
I don't normally take more than 75 unless I'm doing high cap over a cv which in that case my point is irrelevent sorry for confusing you butcher............I do try to manage my fuel but sometimes I just screw it all up oh and thanks for the AV gas there HT I had no idea it was lighter than regular gallons or whatever the word I'm looking for................
 :salute

Best advice I can offer, is talk to some of the veteran pilots who fly strictly one or two planes, these guys can tell you the fuel loads, for aircrafts - for example I almost never take drop tanks - not in the main arena unless I am doing some kind of mission.
For High capping a CV, i'd climb to 17k for example - throttle back bit time to cruise speed (assuming they come in from 7-14k) - gives you plenty of loiter time and allows you to conserve fuel, when you throttle open and dive you can pick up your speed to make attacks.

Really it comes down to experience, everyone has their own deal - I for example rather take 100% in a 38 (far to much if you ask me) but really I like to climb out to 15k (no DT means no drag on climb rate or speed) - I burn up a good portion of gas just probing the situation and picking my tagets out, when I get down in gas I can furball. (Please 38 pilots dont slap me)
JG 52

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2012, 06:50:33 PM »
doesnt the 1A empty the wing tanks before the main tank by default anyway? :headscratch:

I haven't been on auto fuel in a while but at 100% I know it'll at least burn 75% of the main tank before doing anything. That's when I usually catch it. I want the wings more or less empty so I can't use the auto burn.

Having the wings empty seems to makes sense if you're going to get into any kind of scissors. Dunno if it helps but it can't hurt.

Although I do always keep a quarter in the left wing tank for when I get main fueled.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2012, 08:32:56 PM »
I haven't been on auto fuel in a while but at 100% I know it'll at least burn 75% of the main tank before doing anything. That's when I usually catch it. I want the wings more or less empty so I can't use the auto burn.

Having the wings empty seems to makes sense if you're going to get into any kind of scissors. Dunno if it helps but it can't hurt.

Although I do always keep a quarter in the left wing tank for when I get main fueled.

Shiv I know you are a Corsair Guru, maybe you can wish we have the WINGS on auto burn first?

JG 52

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2012, 09:08:30 PM »
Shiv I know you are a Corsair Guru, maybe you can wish we have the WINGS on auto burn first?

No guru, I just can't fly anything else. And I like the burn the way it is. If there is an edge to be had, I'd like to have it:)
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.