Author Topic: The new terrain  (Read 280 times)

Offline Servo

• Zinc Member
The new terrain
« on: March 04, 2001, 07:44:00 PM »
Hello,

Okay, I'm getting really frustrated with the new terrain. Let me say first though, that I'm not blaming anyone or 'whining'. I'm just going to state my opinion.

First of all, it's been my experience that there are a ton more small fields (a ton less medium/large fields?) and a greater distance between airfields. This is causing a big problem. There are buff groups going around closing fields like mad and tonight I couldn't find a fight without flying about 2 sectors.

My favorite plane is the Yak, and flying 2 sectors for a fight means I can fight for about 5 minutes before I have to head home. Nothing is more agonizing than flying 2 sectors, and either running out of fuel, or having a dud sortie.

I don't mind how the terrain looks, just it's functionality.

I read that HTC is open to the idea of new terrains. I'm going to sit down and try to crank out a MA terrain...

try...

Servo
**MOL**

Offline mx22

• Zinc Member
The new terrain
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2001, 09:51:00 PM »
Hi Servo,

I will disagree with you. I fly Yak too, but I think it's to a big advantage for me to be able to take of from the field and gain some altitude before actually getting into the fight. And with 100% fuel, I can fly 2 sectors away form my field gaining alt in Yak, fight for a bit and then return home to refuel / rearm. It would have been nice to have more fuel of course, but I guess small ammo load and small amount of internal fuel are the trade offs I pay for flying this plane.

mx22

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
The new terrain
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2001, 12:25:00 AM »
Servo, get yak to 20k, get speed up to above 300, then cut throttle to 2/3rds.

You will save a LOT of gas and lose little speed on that cruise setting.