Author Topic: Sites you can download FSX planes from.  (Read 1670 times)

Offline spitfreak01

• Copper Member
Sites you can download FSX planes from.
« on: October 22, 2012, 04:23:10 PM »
I've been playing Flight Simulator X lately, and I've noticed that game misses something. I flew a couple of flights in the Boeing 737 and the 747 etc, and i literally got bored. I am not saying FSX isn't good, FSX is a great game in my opinion, but it needs some planes. Now I've been looking for sites you can download new models from, but couldn't find any. Anyone know a good site for that?
Thanks.
My favourite Planes: Spitfire MK XIV, BF109, B24, B17
I play also:
Black ops
MW2
IL2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
Re: Sites you can download FSX planes from.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 05:56:42 PM »
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=FSX+downloads

Sorry, couldn't resist using it...
I would suggest using Avsim.com though as it seems to have the biggest library.
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline SIM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 07:17:07 PM »

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 09:06:38 PM »
Lets see what I remember off the top of my head...

fs-freeware.net
avsim.com
Flightsim.com
simviation.com
fsdownload.com

There are many many great payware sites as well, however those 4 feature mostly if not all freeware...
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 10:12:19 PM »
been flying fsx also, I have downloaded a spit9, pony, corsair, and a cirrus all from simviation.com. not sure if I am doing something wrong but none have gauges which they are all supposed to.  the corsair I couldnt even get to take off, just groundlooped no matter what I did.  But I did download a cirrus sr20 which is a blast to fly, found an upgrade for the gauges also.   :banana:

I tried the vatsim, but killed my computer, fsx was WAY slow, and it would disconnect me in the middle of a flight :mad:
I use mainly the simviation.com and flightsim.com, there is also surclaro.com but that is mainly a payware site.  would like to download the eaglesoft sr22t looks to be a good plane.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:15:25 PM by homersipes »

Offline spitfreak01

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 03:14:57 PM »
been flying fsx also, I have downloaded a spit9, pony, corsair, and a cirrus all from simviation.com. not sure if I am doing something wrong but none have gauges which they are all supposed to.  the corsair I couldnt even get to take off, just groundlooped no matter what I did.  But I did download a cirrus sr20 which is a blast to fly, found an upgrade for the gauges also.   :banana:
(Image removed from quote.)
I tried the vatsim, but killed my computer, fsx was WAY slow, and it would disconnect me in the middle of a flight :mad:
I use mainly the simviation.com and flightsim.com, there is also surclaro.com but that is mainly a payware site.  would like to download the eaglesoft sr22t looks to be a good plane.
This looks awesome! Gonna try those sites ;)
My favourite Planes: Spitfire MK XIV, BF109, B24, B17
I play also:
Black ops
MW2
IL2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 04:29:47 PM »
http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=cirrus+gauges
here is the link to the cirrus I downloaded