Author Topic: Have you seen these?  (Read 3943 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Re: Have you seen these?
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2012, 01:50:13 PM »
I see a new type of bridge as well...
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2012, 01:55:07 PM »
Road, terrain, (and bridge) look the same as we have now.  Train and the trucks are new (and nice).

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2012, 04:17:42 PM »
Those trucks looks delicious, far more appetising than those old ones out of the lego box.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2012, 07:55:43 AM »
Rail yards and a more direct interaction with bases along with factories would be good.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2012, 02:33:05 PM »
Rail yards and a more direct interaction with bases along with factories would be good.
(Image removed from quote.)

Bottom Center, slight to the Right, I see what appears to be a bomb.  A dud or delayed fuse?

EDIT:

Waffle posted this two days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66H8fKklPtE

Road and terrain graphics look nice in the film.  Is that an upgrade coming?

What?  No mix of M135's with those Opels? :cry
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 02:41:06 PM by Volron »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2012, 06:07:20 PM »
RAF Bomber Command vs Railway Yards

Aulnoye Railroad Yards Destroyed
The R.A.F. Bomber Command’s heavy attack on Aulnoye, France, the night of April 27/28, 1944, caused specially heavy damage in the area of the sorting sidings. Each of the 32 tracks in this area was cut in several places and damage and destruction amongst the large concentration of rolling stock was very severe. There is 80 percent damage to the carriage and wagon repair shops. British official photos show:
Above - The target after two attacks in March and April but before the R.A.F. Bomber Command’s concentrated attack of April 27/28. (c. 4330)
Below - After the attack - almost complete obliteration. Tracks have been cut and rolling stock scattered in complete confusion. The series of curves, which now form the road at the top, have been made by vehicles and people passing around the craters and debris. The same type of paths can be seen in the railroad yard and have been made by people trying to get to the scene of devastation. (c.4331)

Railroad Yards at Juvisy, Paris
On the night of April 18/19, 1944, R.A.F. Bomber Command dispatched over 1,000 aircraft on a large number of operations. In particular, forces of four-engined Lancasters and Halifaxes left England just before midnight to attack railroad targets near Paris. One of these was Juvisy, a dozen miles further up the Seine. British official photos show:
Left - The Juvisy yards before the R.A.F. attack. (c.4295)
Right - Exactly the same area on the afternoon of April 19. Note the complete disappearance of workshops, repair depots, signaling apparatus, warehouses, roundhouses and nearly all facilities. Rolling stock can be seen lying between the shattered tracks in grotesque positions. (c.4297)

Permanent Way Depot at Chambly, North of Paris
Claimed to be one of the most important and up-to-date permanent way depots in Europe, Chambly was the target of R.A.F. Bomber Command’s attack the night of May 1/2, 1944. British official photos show:
Above - The target before the R.A.F. attack. (c. 4328)
Below - The same area after attack. The points and crossings shop and the railroad ties impregnation plant, with their allied buildings, have been almost totally destroyed. The stores yards - which were well filled with stores prior to the attack - are saturated with craters and the majority of the contents destroyed or damaged. Many of the buildings have been completely obliterated. (c. 4329)
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2012, 06:12:04 PM »
RAF Bomber Command vs Railway Yards

Aulnoye Railroad Yards Destroyed
The R.A.F. Bomber Command’s heavy attack on Aulnoye, France, the night of April 27/28, 1944, caused specially heavy damage in the area of the sorting sidings. Each of the 32 tracks in this area was cut in several places and damage and destruction amongst the large concentration of rolling stock was very severe. There is 80 percent damage to the carriage and wagon repair shops. British official photos show:
Above - The target after two attacks in March and April but before the R.A.F. Bomber Command’s concentrated attack of April 27/28. (c. 4330)
Below - After the attack - almost complete obliteration. Tracks have been cut and rolling stock scattered in complete confusion. The series of curves, which now form the road at the top, have been made by vehicles and people passing around the craters and debris. The same type of paths can be seen in the railroad yard and have been made by people trying to get to the scene of devastation. (c.4331)

Railroad Yards at Juvisy, Paris
On the night of April 18/19, 1944, R.A.F. Bomber Command dispatched over 1,000 aircraft on a large number of operations. In particular, forces of four-engined Lancasters and Halifaxes left England just before midnight to attack railroad targets near Paris. One of these was Juvisy, a dozen miles further up the Seine. British official photos show:
Left - The Juvisy yards before the R.A.F. attack. (c.4295)
Right - Exactly the same area on the afternoon of April 19. Note the complete disappearance of workshops, repair depots, signaling apparatus, warehouses, roundhouses and nearly all facilities. Rolling stock can be seen lying between the shattered tracks in grotesque positions. (c.4297)

Permanent Way Depot at Chambly, North of Paris
Claimed to be one of the most important and up-to-date permanent way depots in Europe, Chambly was the target of R.A.F. Bomber Command’s attack the night of May 1/2, 1944. British official photos show:
Above - The target before the R.A.F. attack. (c. 4328)
Below - The same area after attack. The points and crossings shop and the railroad ties impregnation plant, with their allied buildings, have been almost totally destroyed. The stores yards - which were well filled with stores prior to the attack - are saturated with craters and the majority of the contents destroyed or damaged. Many of the buildings have been completely obliterated. (c. 4329)

Ye got your up/down/left/rights mixed. :lol

On a side note, I'm amazed to how accurate their attacks on these railyards are. :aok
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2012, 06:14:41 PM »
targets !
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2012, 06:22:30 PM »
Ye got your up/down/left/rights mixed. :lol
I actually didn't type any of that.  I just copied it from the site I found it on.  Wasn't trying to imply it was my work.

On a side note, I'm amazed to how accurate their attacks on these railyards are. :aok
The method, so far as I am aware, was for Mossie Pathfinders to go in low ahead of the main force and drop colored flares, could be four points or just two, and once satisfied with the positions of the markers tell the heavies which color to use as a reference for aiming.  The heavies would then try to land their bombs between the flares.  Because the RAF bombed at night each bomber aimer was responsible for his on aircraft's aiming.  There was no dropping on the leader.

Using tactics like this by 1944 the RAF managed to match, or exceed, the accuracy that the USAAF had during the day.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2012, 06:26:46 PM »
I actually didn't type any of that.  I just copied it from the site I found it on.  Wasn't trying to imply it was my work.
The method, so far as I am aware, was for Mossie Pathfinders to go in low ahead of the main force and drop colored flares, could be four points or just two, and once satisfied with the positions of the markers tell the heavies which color to use as a reference for aiming.  The heavies would then try to land their bombs between the flares.  Because the RAF bombed at night each bomber aimer was responsible for his on aircraft's aiming.  There was no dropping on the leader.

Using tactics like this by 1944 the RAF managed to match, or exceed, the accuracy that the USAAF had during the day.

Then the person who typed it got their up/down/left/rights mixed, that or the pictures are just flopped. :lol

I was curious to how they managed such a high degree of accuracy.  If I didn't know any better, I would have said they did those raids in daylight. :aok
HiTech

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2012, 06:33:38 PM »
My real intent with the post was to advocate for what great targets rail yards are.  :p
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2012, 06:35:21 PM »
And I'm 100% for the addition of them. :x
HiTech

Offline Eric19

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2012, 07:56:09 PM »
+1 give us rail yards HT or suffer jk jk but seriously man we got the new train coming out so lets get an actual train depot instead of the little black building out inthe middle of nowhere
Proud member of the 91ST BG (H) The Ragged Irregulars

Offline 1ybuzz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2012, 09:57:21 AM »
I swear I saw Shamus hiding in one those coal cars  :bolt:
Who is John Galt ?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2012, 10:32:22 AM »
10 - 4 this here's the rubber duck... we got ourselves a convoy
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)