Author Topic: new Galloway Dam  (Read 281 times)

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
new Galloway Dam
« on: September 07, 2012, 07:57:12 PM »
I own some property up in West central Idaho, with Weiser River frontage. The new Galloway Dam Project will bring the up stream end of the lake within a couple miles of my property. I can potentially get in my boat and tootle down to the lake any afternoon.  :rock They're test drilling for support structures & rock analysis for the 300ft high earthen dam now.  :D it should be a nice lake for rainbow trout & white crappie.  :aok

http://idahobusinessreview.com/2011/08/01/idaho-to-spend-nearly-2m-to-study-proposed-dam-on-weiser-river/
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Re: new Galloway Dam
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 01:18:42 AM »
I'm not familiar with the area however they may invoke the right of Public domain and take your property. The reason being is that with the lake front your property value will more than likely get a boost and they would like to capitalize on that. It's been done before.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 01:10:54 PM »
I'd find it hard for them to claim the right of public domain especially considering it is a couple of mile away after the project completion.  If it was lake front after, there is possibility, but they would not likely be able to do so with intent for resale at a higher price.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 01:23:30 PM »
Lakes usually mean tourist dollars.. I live in vacationland too, been an off year again!
But I'll take Trout from a fast moving river, over mud fish, any day..

Over here on the coast, they are taking dams out..

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 01:43:07 PM »
I own some property up in West central Idaho, with Weiser River frontage. The new Galloway Dam Project will bring the up stream end of the lake within a couple miles of my property. I can potentially get in my boat and tootle down to the lake any afternoon.  :rock They're test drilling for support structures & rock analysis for the 300ft high earthen dam now.  :D it should be a nice lake for rainbow trout & white crappie.  :aok

http://idahobusinessreview.com/2011/08/01/idaho-to-spend-nearly-2m-to-study-proposed-dam-on-weiser-river/

Good luck with it  :aok

My house growing up started out in the woods, and ended up lake front.

I lived in PA, Bucks county. Back in the late 60s early 70s my parents bought a home on 15acres in upper Bucks Co. Year or 2 later the Army Corps of Engineers came in, built a dam over the Tohicken Creek, flooded the Valley and my parents home became instant lake front property........Was awesome!!!  Bought the home for 65k and at this point in time its valued at 450k with the land.

Funny thing is my parents  fought the project tooth and nail, as over 250 familys and businesses were moved out and leveled to make the lake, and the entire town of Stovertown was lost

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/nockamixon/

http://www.montgomerynews.com/articles/2010/11/06/perkasie_news_herald/news/doc4cd0dfec1c69f807133830.txt
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 02:03:16 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 06:06:53 PM »
Like he said  a couple miles down stream. It is going to be an 300 ft tall Earthen Dam reinforced into bedrock. It is in a remote canyon with very little agriculture, on a river prone to high spring run-off & flooding with very low late summer & fall water levels. Sounds like a good idea Win/Win all around.   
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,