Author Topic: lose settings after my son touched something on keyboard  (Read 628 times)

Offline Larokkit

• Copper Member
Re: lose settings after my son touched something on keyboard
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 09:39:15 AM »
   Well between the powered usb and not playing AH after windows is in sleep mode things are working well. I still have no idea what started a problem i've never had , :cheers:but i seem to have appeased the pc gods. Thanks for the help, very impressed with the almost instant reply for assistance both from Skuzzy and the community.
Larry    

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 09:52:35 AM »
Over time the high power draw of USB devices will reduce the ability of a USB chip to carry the power.  As it is really an analog device carrying digital data, it is like any other analog device.  It degrades with time and load.

The sleep issue, with Windows 7, has been there since Vista.  It was improved with Windows 7, but still has many bugs in it.

If you can wrap your head around the following, it will serve you well.

Every time you boot your computer, Windows changes something.  If you never reboot your computer, then Windows will change it based on time.  At the end of every day, what you start with is not what you will finish with.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 11:40:01 AM »
Oh wow! That was something to really think about. So you say that sleep mode still has bugs making it an unstable tool, and every boot has the chance to make trouble. Did I understand you right? I suppose that means, that the safest way to use Windows is to keep it running 24/7 without any energy savers and run only selected updates manually and selectively after patch Tuesdays, unevitably then making a reboot. That also must include not using any programs that don't clean RAM after they no more use it. 
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 12:04:26 PM »
I never said the changes were all bad.  The only way to prevent any changes form happening is to never connect to the Internet.

Yes, the "sleep" mode still has problems.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 12:09:14 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 12:13:09 PM »
Thanks for the correction  :salute
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni