Author Topic: British Soldiers Killed  (Read 1663 times)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: British Soldiers Killed
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2012, 10:17:40 PM »
How is Afghanistan the path to power?

Pacify and control the middle east, better chance to control the resources of those countries, including the most important resource in the whole world

(yes, of course I'm talking about spice! he who controls the spice controls the universe!!)

I'm not even saying it's a bad motive, just be honest about it eh? :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:34:05 PM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2012, 10:23:28 PM »
uh huh...full on clueless. i'll give you the benefit of the big boy crayons...
got a clear picture yet?

Ah well that's fine, you can call me an idiot without bothering to back it up because you don't like what i say

I can call you an idiot because you demonstrably are one as proved by your previous post :aok

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2012, 10:27:33 PM »
as well as several Americans in Zabul Province... the 2nd time this year in the same place (happend when i was there, to my platoon..)

:salute to the Brits
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:39:29 PM by Selino631 »
OEF 11-12

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2012, 10:34:31 PM »
how so? if it's so clearly illustrated you should be able to do better than a vague allusion to me being a hypocrite  :headscratch:

Hey coombz its clear you have a share tongue why don't you sharpen your social skills and your tactfulness to the same level?  :aok

« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 11:15:01 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2012, 10:57:24 PM »
 :salute

To Queen and country.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2012, 01:07:56 AM »
interesting choice of words...got me thinking...on the one hand, I can see how murdered is applicable because the soldiers weren't engaged in combat and, as danny said, considered the guy to be an ally rathe than an enemy

on the other hand, does killing a member of an armed force that has invaded and occupied your homeland count as murder? it's a tricky one

maybe some of this guy's family were collateral damage and he considers them to have been 'murdered' by occupation forces.

if my country was invaded i wouldn't balk at any measures, however deceitful, to hurt the enemy. i'm sure most of you would do the same if it was the UK or America under attack :old:

isn't the very definition of fighting an insurgency campaign that this kind of thing will happen and you therefore have to spend a lot of time looking over your shoulder and mistrusting everything and everyone?

The US and UK were, and still are under attack
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2012, 03:10:34 AM »
Pacify and control the middle east, better chance to control the resources of those countries, including the most important resource in the whole world

Is this [sarcasm]shocking revelation[/sarcasm] as far as you have come with your observation and reasoning? Did you proudly piece it together yourself or just collate information from other forums?

Conceding your 'right to speak' Mr. Coombz, which you seem so intent on asserting, I once again suggest that your comments are inappropriate and in bad taste, to a level approaching Tourette's, for a thread acknowledging the death of human beings and ask you to remove the Union Jack from your avatar, in case members of the AH forum associate your opinions and actions with other British players.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2012, 03:18:46 AM »
Ah well that's fine, you can call me an idiot without bothering to back it up because you don't like what i say

I can call you an idiot because you demonstrably are one as proved by your previous post :aok
Go troll another thread you POS
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2012, 03:38:29 AM »
interesting choice of words...got me thinking...on the one hand, I can see how murdered is applicable because the soldiers weren't engaged in combat and, as danny said, considered the guy to be an ally rathe than an enemy

on the other hand, does killing a member of an armed force that has invaded and occupied your homeland count as murder? it's a tricky one

maybe some of this guy's family were collateral damage and he considers them to have been 'murdered' by occupation forces.

if my country was invaded i wouldn't balk at any measures, however deceitful, to hurt the enemy. i'm sure most of you would do the same if it was the UK or America under attack :old:

isn't the very definition of fighting an insurgency campaign that this kind of thing will happen and you therefore have to spend a lot of time looking over your shoulder and mistrusting everything and everyone?

The soldiers were most certainly engaged in combat. They were in a combat zone, and were killed by gunfire from an underhanded little pos who capitalised on the fact that he knew, that unlike most indigenous people in his toilet of a country, these young lads would run to the aid of what they believed to be a wounded ally, and they died for their compassion and courage. I do not give two turds for politics or religion, I don't care that the politicians send troops overseas for a political objective, its what they are paid to do, and in my experience what they love to do. I merely wished to pay tribute to them. I did not wish to start a thread on the morality or political aspirations of our involvement in Afghanistan or anywhere else.

I don't know what happened to the insurgent, and frankly I don't give a damn, hopefully he was ended shortly after committing this act, and buried facing the wrong way with a pork chop jammed up his arse. But at least he didn't sit on internet forums trolling, whilst sitting comfortably at home allowing others to face danger on his behalf.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 03:41:30 AM by danny76 »
The GFC

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2012, 03:43:24 AM »
I don't know what happened to the insurgent, and frankly I don't give a damn, hopefully he was ended shortly after committing this act, and buried facing the wrong way with a pork chop jammed up his arse.

:rofl  :rofl :rofl :rofl

But at least he didn't sit on internet forums trolling, whilst sitting comfortably at home allowing others to face danger on his behalf.

Well said Danny.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2012, 04:41:23 AM »
But at least he didn't sit on internet forums trolling, whilst sitting comfortably at home allowing others to face danger on his behalf.

He had the sense to stay at home, not one Western soldier should be over there anymore.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2012, 04:53:10 AM »
He had the sense to stay at home, not one Western soldier should be over there anymore.

I don't disagree in the slightest. Your post does however imply a lack of sense in the soldiers who are over there, and when I said:

I was referring to the insurgent
The GFC

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2012, 05:09:31 AM »
I don't disagree in the slightest. Your post does however imply a lack of sense in the soldiers who are over there, and when I said:

I was referring to the insurgent

You were also referring to coombzy, which is what I was reacting to.
Any western Soldier lost over there is regrettable and a waste, none of them should be over there they certainly don't get paid enough for that BS..
I struggle to find sense in the Soldiers over there being there, it was a completely disagreeable campaign to start with.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2012, 05:13:57 AM »
I do not give two turds for politics or religion, I don't care that the politicians send troops overseas for a political objective, its what they are paid to do, and in my experience what they love to do. I merely wished to pay tribute to them. I did not wish to start a thread on the morality or political aspirations of our involvement in Afghanistan or anywhere else.

I wasn't trying to turn this thread into political BS, I was just honestly intrigued by your choice of words as I said in my first post. I read the post shortly after waking up, thought about it for a while and then posted my thoughts while I was on the bus. I don't think they were especially inflammatory or in any way disrespectful to soldiers living or dead

Also, you did ask a question in the OP which I felt merited an answer if only because of it's pure  :huh element.

As for the subsequent de-railment, I am falling back on the 'he started it!  :neener:' defence. I have poor self control when bored at work, and can't help myself responding in kind when people have a go, and it's especially hard to resist when they are so obviously morons.

If you just wanted a few pages of  :salute 's then I guess I'm sorry for messing it up *shrug* But if we have a salute thread every time a serving soldier is killed then the forum is gonna be snowed under with them pretty quickly.

The US and UK were, and still are under attack

I wasn't going to bother replying to this, as it is so completely irrelevant I didn't think it was worth it, but as I'm going to be replying to a bunch of stuff I may as well.

Firstly you knew I was referring to attack in the context of invasion, so your point (if you had one) is kind of meaningless *shrug*

Secondly, in saying that the US and UK were attacked, so that makes it OK, it's kind of like you're suggesting that the whole of Afghanistan decided to say 'f**k the US and the UK' and collaborate to get terror attacks underway, rather than it being just those nasty extremist chaps. If some scumbags from the UK went and blew up a synagogue in Jerusalem or something, would you be OK with Israel wanting to go to war with our whole country just because of those whackjobs?  :headscratch:  

Is this [sarcasm]shocking revelation[/sarcasm] as far as you have come with your observation and reasoning? Did you proudly piece it together yourself or just collate information from other forums?

this is a good point - I am actually pretty uninformed regarding global affairs and politics in general, and on other forums (well, the one other forum that I frequent) I don't bother joining any political discussions because there are far more intelligent and knowledgeable people on there who would shut me down instantly. the thing is, this forum is...well, without being too overtly abusive, let's just say it's not up to that calibre. so I can speak my mind here in the knowledge that most of the people who will reply to me will do so with responses at about the general intelligence level of Nathan60, gyrene or Dago. I can engage with people at that level with some kind of advantage, as I'm at least slightly less retarded than they are.

Conceding your 'right to speak' Mr. Coombz, which you seem so intent on asserting, I once again suggest that your comments are inappropriate and in bad taste, to a level approaching Tourette's, for a thread acknowledging the death of human beings and ask you to remove the Union Jack from your avatar, in case members of the AH forum associate your opinions and actions with other British players.

As stated above, I didn't aim for this thread to turn into another bloody trainwreck :old: I have to admit I did sort of expect it (I refer you again to the general intelligence level of AH forum posters)...but in all honesty danny's post and the phrase 'murdering pieces of crap' just got me thinking about when is it murder in war and when is it just fair play, tea and medals all round etc.

Regarding my avatar, I know you're more intelligent than to honestly believe that all British people are going to be tarred with the same brush just because I ruffle some bald eagle feathers on here. Surely no one on the internet needs to have a disclaimer in everything they write saying 'My opinions are my own and not that of my home country'  :huh It's a ridiculous thing for you to request...however, I am not overly attached to my avatar (as I said I don't even have them turned on), so if you will make me another one I'll use that instead. Perhaps a picture of a stinky troll would be appropriate?  :rolleyes:  

« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 05:31:34 AM by coombz »

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2012, 05:57:50 AM »

If you just wanted a few pages of  :salute 's then I guess I'm sorry for messing it up *shrug* But if we have a salute thread every time a serving soldier is killed then the forum is gonna be snowed under with them pretty quickly.

How perceptive of you, of course that's what I wanted. Most soldiers do not get a mention on the BBS, and I agree that it would rapidly become overwhelming if they did. I was merely pointing out the disreputable manner in which these guys 'fight', and occasionally I think they are worthy of a mention.

I find it ironic that you seem so vehemently against the military of any country and yet choose to spend your time indulging in a simulation of war :confused:
The GFC