Author Topic: Cop attacked by dog (Graphic)  (Read 2971 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Cop attacked by dog (Graphic)
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 10:48:41 PM »
Dogs fall for the head fake or feint about 100% of the time but are fast enough for it not to matter in many cases.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 11:44:28 PM »
 :rolleyes:

ignore the facts and live in your ignorance.....why am I not surprised.

Offline HPriller

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 01:19:40 AM »
The only mistake the cop made was not gunning down the second dog.

Clearly the owner was up to no good setting those animals loose when the cops were banging on his door.  He probably was hoping for the cops to get mauled by them.  And this type of animal is all too common, some sort of pitbull halfbreed mutt.  When you got the SPCA this is at least 60% of the dogs stuck there unadopted because they can be aggressive and dangerous when uncontrolled.  Sure, they can make an excellent guard dog, but all too often proper control isn't maintained by the owner and some unfortunate person ends up badly mauled.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 05:09:11 AM »
http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/Nampa-Idaho-Dog-attack-171389711.html?tab=video&c=y smart country dogs know what a gun is...really smart country dogs know what a sheriff is. These two dogs weren't very smart...IMO  :uhoh

What exactly is that statement supposed to mean?

Does it mean that my dog is stupid because it does not react to guns or gunfire during the courage test (as in the following video)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTZmIFdgU2M
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 05:11:03 AM by VonMessa »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 06:14:08 AM »
Jeez what if that was a girl scout or a lost kid. 
Scout girls don't maul cops and... OH I see what you meant.  :uhoh
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 07:08:54 AM »
Ya keep telling that to your self, It's not the pit it's the owner who treat's it like nothing and does not train there dog, I have 3 my self, Never once have they went after other person why? Cause i train them, I take care of them, I give them the love they want, Now please just shut up and move along you are not wanted here.

I think you're out of line.  How about you mister forum keeper of the social roster step back and have a cup of STFU?  Not wanted here?  Who the %*^% are YOU, other than some guy who is trying to silence somone else and who is going beserk trying to justify how keeping 3 large dogs of *that* breed is somehow safe for the neighbors because of course YOUR dogs are somehow different?

Really, who the heck are YOU trying to punt people off the board?  Grow up child.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 07:46:52 AM »
I think you're out of line.  How about you mister forum keeper of the social roster step back and have a cup of STFU?  Not wanted here?  Who the %*^% are YOU, other than some guy who is trying to silence somone else and who is going beserk trying to justify how keeping 3 large dogs of *that* breed is somehow safe for the neighbors because of course YOUR dogs are somehow different?

Really, who the heck are YOU trying to punt people off the board?  Grow up child.

Well, the behavior of the majority of ill-mannered children/pets can be traced directly back to the parents/handlers..
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 08:11:19 AM »
A two legged attack dog, killing a four legged attack dog..
Looks like the cop had no choice to me.. Ugly situation..
Pitbulls, I just don't trust that breed, or the people who own them..

Buddy of mine, military dog handler.. Said that the best way
to stop them bare handed, is by ramming your hand right in
their mouth and grabbing a fistful of their tongue..

When you have them by the tongue, the last thing they
want is to bite you.. They will do ANYTHING to spit your hand OUT!
Then you can do as you please to them, totally at your mercy..

That is the word from a guy who I trust, and was in a position to know!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 09:07:04 AM »
a true APBT would not attack a person.... unless they were hurting the owner even then it may not....they made the worst guard dogs of all.....why is that? because they were breed to love people....they would never attack a person.

none of the dogs they call "pitts" are American PittBull Terrier's (sorry Betty)  they are what is called AM-Staffs....when they started breeding APBT for the show ring they no longer cared about the traits of the APBT they only bred the biggest and best looking dogs....losing the great traits of the APBT they have lost that love of people that true APBT had......

this is not my opinion it is fact......anybody that has an inclination can find out....

and yes an AM-staff will/can have papers saying it is APBT.... does not mean it is.....now a days a lot of the dogs are not even Am-Staffs they are a mix of bulldogs and Am-staffs that are the worst of dogs.....they call them Bully-pitts....

it is actually very hard to find a true APBT......

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 09:28:06 AM »
There is something wrong with the breed. They need to be exterminated.

Dangerous thoughts. I'm glad most people are more rational these days. Hopefully History won't repeat the tradegy of that kind of thinking.

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 09:29:58 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Dangerous thoughts. I'm glad most people are more rational these days. Hopefully History won't repeat the tradegy of that kind of thinking.

:aok
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 10:04:40 AM »
Keep telling yourself that. There are tons and tons of bad owners of other dogs that aren't killing children and mauling people to death. Sure you may have a nice one now, and just like everyone else with one your first line to the reporters/cops will be " But it was such a sweet dog that would never hurt a flea", "I don't know why it bit my kids face off". I am a dog lover and my sister has 3 pits (mixes) and they are sweet dogs, but I would never let them near my son. When pitbulls snap, its brutal. There is something wrong with the breed. They need to be exterminated.
I think there is something wrong with you too. What shall we do with you?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 10:28:55 AM »
Grabbing the jaw hard (hand in mouth and fingers underneath) is one technique albeit a last resort technique to stop a dog from momentarily from biting, long enough to get out the pistol, OC, taser, Asp, radio, etc.  We "practiced" on LEO dogs using "soft hands" so not to hurt them (or more so no not piss them off so that they did bite). 

FWIW, if a dog ever comes after you and you are defenseless, knowing that the dog is trying to get a hold on you and eventually get your neck (yes, they are smart enough to go after you neck if they can), gather enough of your bravery and inner strength and give them your "weak arm" to grab and then get ready to start gouging eyes, pulling ears, anything to cause it pain and injury.  Yell and scream and make as much noise as possible.  Find anything you can to use as a weapon (rock, shovel, pen/pencil, twig, etc).  What ever you do not let it knock you over.     

Grabbing a pits jaw is not suggested. With over 2000 lbs ofbiting force your hand will be gone.

Glad the officer is ok. I laughed at the part where the family forgave the officer for defending himself. There are a lot of stupid folks out there. You know this so called family is a group of them.... They require the police to keep watch on their children.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline BreakingBad

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2012, 10:46:41 AM »
I recall a story out of Maryland a few years ago where the sheriff and police had a no-knock warrant for suspected drug activity at a house.

It turns out, the house belonged to the mayor of the community and his family.  The police had intercepted a FED-ex shipment of 30 lbs of marijuana addressed to the mayors house.

So the police let it be delivered, and once the wife brings the package inside, the police force their way into the house.  The family has two golden retrievers or labs, and the police shoot them both.  One of the dogs they shot in the back as it was trying to escape up the stairs.

Turns out, the family had no idea about the package, it was un opened.  It is said drug operations will sometimes pick out a house at random and send drugs to it, either to pick it up when no-one is looking, or see if it generates police activity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwyn_Heights,_Maryland_mayor%27s_residence_drug_raid

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2012, 11:17:03 AM »
I think there is something wrong with you too. What shall we do with you?

when I start attacking cops, mauling people, and killing children, feel free to exterminate me also. :aok