Author Topic: August '12 KOTH Results  (Read 3295 times)

Offline betty

• Gold Member
Re: August '12 KOTH Results
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 10:59:05 PM »
The decision has been made by the proof sent in. The CM staff for KOTH made the choices to do what they seen fair for the event. This thread needs to be closed. It is going no where fast. If you feel the KOTH CM is has not made a fair decison, by all means contact Shegotya  as she is CM CO.
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 12:21:20 AM »
Two KOTHs this year without a winner? What is the point anymore?
There is too many big egos to play anymore.  Every time I play in there, someone starts an argument that lasts for the entire KOTH.  It's getting ridiculous and IMO, talking in any general form (other than that of "No Joy's") should be banned for a couple of months. If someone attempts to talk, mute for the entirety of KOTH for that day/night
The players that actually enjoy KOTH will stay around and the others will leave, which will filter out most of the big time egos that KOTH is now.

<S> 
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 04:30:45 AM »

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 06:58:22 AM »

we are all winners :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, 10:39:56 AM »
TOC is supposed to be epic, not last three rounds.. those invites should go to someone.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 11:34:14 AM »
TOC is supposed to be epic, not last three rounds.. those invites should go to someone.
if your good enough to win TOC in three rounds your awesome..
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 02:58:44 PM »
Or Lucky.
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 04:18:59 PM »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2012, 08:22:16 AM »
Since Fester has already qualified it should be easy for everyone to put this behind them. I hope they do as this is a great event and one of the real highlights of the game thanks to Fuze and Betty.

I am looking forward to TOC at the end of the year  :banana:

DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2012, 06:53:09 PM »

Which was the other one?
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2012, 08:48:52 PM »
There is too many big egos to play anymore.  Every time I play in there, someone starts an argument that lasts for the entire KOTH.  It's getting ridiculous and IMO, talking in any general form (other than that of "No Joy's") should be banned for a couple of months. If someone attempts to talk, mute for the entirety of KOTH for that day/night

Not this one. These guys kept their feud more or less private. You knew something was going on, but it certainly wasn't all over channel and it didn't ruin it for anyone else.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2012, 11:29:57 PM »
Not this one. These guys kept their feud more or less private. You knew something was going on, but it certainly wasn't all over channel and it didn't ruin it for anyone else.

This was not a private ordeal.  The two KOTHers (names I will leave disclosed) blatenly made it obvious that they did not like each other, and continued to pick arguments every time they fought.  They both fought each other a lot during the event, and when a squadmate attempted to help the other squadmate out, it turned into a bash fest. It got to the point where both players had to be muted for a short while, and yet, they still continued to fight right after they were un-muted.

<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2012, 12:36:04 AM »
This was not a private ordeal.  The two KOTHers (names I will leave disclosed) blatenly made it obvious that they did not like each other, and continued to pick arguments every time they fought.  They both fought each other a lot during the event, and when a squadmate attempted to help the other squadmate out, it turned into a bash fest. It got to the point where both players had to be muted for a short while, and yet, they still continued to fight right after they were un-muted.

<S>

- 1st off! dredging stuff back up from something that happened between a handful of players a month ago looks worse for this event more so........than the complete entire situation and amount of time the situation being talked about here now currently, even took that day!

- it was kept to a minimal that day, and most all of it was done in a private/semi private manner by most if not all partys involved

- Bosco / Skifurd, you original reply that you posted ( see your reply quoted below ):
The players that actually enjoy KOTH will stay around and the others will leave, which will filter out most of the big time egos that KOTH is now.

<S> 

is pushing it to the extreme, especially for this year and most of this years KOTH tournaments....... I know I have missed a bunch of them this year, but I have not seen hardly anything of what you are claiming in your quote...... now your own quote certianly does fit to a "T" of how it was a little while back ( past several years ) when you frequented the KOTH events before you left and went in the military, heck you was starting to actually turn into one of the big headed type egomaniacs in which you claim are there now in the event today...... but yet I am grateful for your commitment and service in the US Military, Bosco and  it has helped you mature probably faster than any other course of action could have done for you, Sir! and if I understand your Sig on these boards right, you probably havea dream job that only the restof us can dream or imagine we could have such a duty......

We all just need to remember that all of those who compete in the KOTH events do so because we like the fights, we like the competition, we love to blow up cartoon planes and get in heated palm sweating dogfights from time to time, and we appreciate the efforts of the KOTH CMs who show up to host the events for us.......

no offense or ill will meant toward either of the 2 or 3 or 4 originally involved in the outcome of the August Friday Koth not having a winner, but from my own personal point of view of what I have read here......  someone took a ping on take off of the runway when fuzeman said roll planes or flights enabled......  the longtime standing unwritten rule has always been, if you get pinged on take off to "auger" or "Exit"  and to reup with a fresh plane......  so noone is predamaged before fight on is called......... and this was done, as has always happened in the past

this took place, the plane /pilot did infact replane and took off....... I never heard anything mentioned about it, and I had no film because heck......... the KOTH CM does not call "Roll films" until right as he normally says "Start your films, call your no joys".............. I have never heard being told to roll film before we launch to the runway from the tower and film taking off etc...... guess luck would have it that the film was never turned off I guess, heh.....

I personally could see it if  Bruv119 did not replane and then proceeded to be shotdown by Fester that that round should of been nullified/withdrawn, but from my view, since he replaned and took off in a fresh ride, I think their should have been no nullifying of the 2nd  round..... Fester fought  that round , sometimes 2 to 1 and he won it outright, and he had no special advantage at all...... I actually watched one of the ecounters on Fester that round from zoomed in view as I was heading to the furball going on during the round......

so as Fester has already posted in this thread, fun fights  and others have posted as well........ fun fights

Zoney, I edited your quote below, but it is spoken truly, Sir!
I got no horse in this race but once again we can all see how a few can ruin something for many. 

All of our actions, every action, either makes the game a bit better or a bit worse.  There is no neutral position.  As time passes, the weight of the actions therefore gains momentum, for the better, or for the worse, and it escalates. 

Yeah, I love this game, and I hate to see it or those who play, abused.

so each of us should look at our ownselves in the mirror, are we helping or are each and everyone of us making things worse? it is up to each of us to figure out how we want this game, this community and our fellow players to act!!!! either for the better or not.....

lets let this particular past situation ly and sleep......   and fuzeman, betty, SheGotYa or Skuzzy.............. could one of ya'll please lock this thread when you get time........

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2012, 01:51:08 AM »
I'll agree with you, I was a big time ego before I left into the military, and like you said, the military has changed my perspective on things.  I was only replying to a post that was posted yesterday.  The event's that took place were just exactly what I said, big egos.  Two of the best players in the game going at it, not only in flight, but verbally as well.  I have not flown with SGY in a KOTH event, so I am unsure of how she runs the event.  But when I see every event that I come into, fuzeman has to mute more than one player, it kind of begins to make you wonder exactly what the issue is.

I believe what I said in reference of what I said on my first post was completely correct.  There is getting to be way to many big egos in the event.

<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2012, 04:07:56 PM »
<snip>.....   and fuzeman, betty, SheGotYa or Skuzzy.............. could one of ya'll please lock this thread when you get time........
<S>
TC

With Skuzzy's infinite wisdom he would never give me moderation powers in this forum.

If this got locked I think that would be another first.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54