Author Topic: Still can't log in  (Read 193 times)

Offline FBScud

• Copper Member
Still can't log in
« on: September 30, 2012, 11:52:52 AM »
Ok, I've been fighting with this for a month.  Deleted Nortons, including the Symantec removal tool, deleted the short cut icon for AH, reloaded Nortons, downloaded AH (again), made sure to AH permission in the firewall set, get the log-on screen, attempt to log on and get the windows error message.  I've been fooling around with this for a long time.  One thing I've notices is that in the HTC folder, there does not appear to an .exe file.  I have also seen an error message which states that C;\Hi Tech Creations/Aces High/acehigh.exe is not a correct path with a comment that an essential (.exe?) file is missing.  I'm open to suggestions.   :bhead :bhead :bhead

Offline FBScud

• Copper Member
Re: Still can't log in
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 01:22:41 PM »
I suppose another question is with the way Norton's is set up with the "traffic rules" tab, do I need to give specific permission to the AH server address for inbound and outbound traffic?  Grasping at straws here.  Of course, I suppose I could just delete the whole Norton's thing and go to some other security software as long as I have the software path set up correctly.  As I said, I'm open to suggestions. :bhead :bhead

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 01:28:45 PM »
Are you allowing AH to install to its default location?  I would shut Norton down while installing.  Some folks will advise you to get rid of Norton all together.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 05:07:02 PM »
At this point, it seems things are convoluted enough to warrant removal of Norton and Aces High, then install Aces High to a freah location, do not install Norton, and try it to see if you can get anything to work with the game again.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com