Author Topic: Airsoft... What do you use?  (Read 214 times)

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
Airsoft... What do you use?
« on: October 01, 2012, 10:45:12 PM »
I use a Echo 1 M4 RIS and a King Arms M1A1 Thompson,  both are great airsoft guns.  What do you own?
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
Re: Airsoft... What do you use?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 10:48:47 PM »
Feel free to post pictures,  I'll post some of mine in a bit.
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 10:58:46 PM »
I'm more of a paintball Guy  :banana:
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 11:03:26 PM »
I like both, but I like Airsoft a bit more. :P
Currently inactive.

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 12:22:42 AM »
Just got my son an M14 kind of a cheapo gun til he figures out what he likes. He now wants a G&G FN2000. He gets that on Christmas unless he changes his mind by beginning of November. I use a cheapo Gameface m4. My new G&G full metal m4 carbine comes in on Thursday. I'm wondering what pistols to get for us now and want to go with a gas blow back. I used to play paintball from the time there was actual sneak in the game. A while before everyone started dressing in clown suits and using rainbow colored guns firing from positions made of inflatable bags. No one even moves after the whistle blows anymore they just pour money I mean paint into a gun and keep shooting. I also used to make fun of airsoft until I tried it. My son and I have only played a couple of times so far but, now i'm as hooked as my son is. I still get welts and bleed a bit like in paintball. The guns are far more accurate and after getting the gear it's far cheaper as well.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline Hoffman

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 12:48:06 AM »
I run the KWA LM4 PTR Gas blowback rifle, with a KWA Mk2 1911A1 PTP as my sidearm.  I absolutely love the guns.  The M4's weight is... maybe 1/2 a pound lighter than the real M4 we have sitting in the gun case downstairs.  Kick is almost equal, real steel sights, comes apart and is maintained in almost exactly the same way as a real M4. (Use a 100% silicone oil lubricant otherwise you can destroy the gaskets and seals and then BBs no fly.)
KWA LM4 Pros:
-Extremely realistic.
-Easy maintenance.
-No freaking batteries.
-Good out of the box accuracy.
-310 FPS with .25's in cold weather, 350 in hot.  Perfect FPS for Texas Field Limits.

Cons:
-Green gas is expensive.  If anyone knows a good pouch to put on a molle rig that can hold a full size propane bottle securely please let me know.
-Magazines run $40-$60 a magazine when they actually have them in stock.
-Fragile hop-up adjustment, be careful!  While not during hop-up adjustment I did get a bad BB, that the bolt smashed up and snapped off one of the teeth that adjust the hop-up.  Not super damaging but you want to be very gentle with your hop-up tool. (Out of 20,000 BBs fired that's actually a pleasant surprise for me)
-O-rings at the Fill valve drop out on me.  But I have this problem with all KWA magazines.  Replacement 0-rings from any airsoft retailer are a crime to purchase. (Like 10,000% markup on the damn things) Hit up McMaster-Carr if you need 'em, you want the Buna-N O-Rings 9452K112 rings.  100 O-rings for less than $10 including shipping. Little tricky to get on, but I have yet to have one of these drop out on me in the field and I end up crawling around just about everywhere in a match.

The 1911A1 comes apart exactly like my real 1911A1, my only complaint is the plastic outer barrel and aluminum slide.  I need to see about getting a steel barrel and slide for it so that it actually weighs and feels like my real 1911.
Pros:
-Has a good 30 yard range for a BB pistol.
-Accurate
-Extremely realistic
Same Cons as the M4.

As a backup I use a Classic Army LWRC M6, shorty M4.  Nice weight, decent gun now that I actually have it fixed.  The air nozzle had a bad day when I went to chrono a couple weeks ago before getting the KWA.  Decent rifle for the price, I'm planning on dropping a weaker spring into it so that it's CQB legal. (270 FPS with .25's in Texas to count as a CQB gun.  You don't need a whole lot of speed for someone 20 feet away.)

For the future I want to put in a tightbore barrel for the KWA M4, and get a WE M-14 GBB and set it up as a DMR platform with a decent scope on it.

Don't have any pictures of the gun all by itself but I do have a picture of me out at Texas Paintball the other week.  I'm the guy on the right with 3 different types of camo. :rofl
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:54:29 AM by Hoffman »