Author Topic: Local Water Reflection Setting  (Read 343 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Local Water Reflection Setting
« on: October 02, 2012, 11:44:31 AM »
How about a setting to adjust how far away water shows reflection.  Make it work something like our F1-Full/F2-Med/F3-Short views.
Setting the reflection to short may give the video card a little break, while letting us view the water reflections in our immediate area.

Coogan

[edit] for spelling...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 11:47:15 AM by 100Coogn »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Local Water Reflection Setting
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 08:24:28 AM »
The time used is in the creation of the reflection , not in the putting the reflection on the water.

So most of the items that you see in the reflection such as sky, and the terrain are very distant objects. Removing them would almost completely remove all items in the reflection.

HiTech

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 08:50:08 AM »
The time used is in the creation of the reflection , not in the putting the reflection on the water.

So most of the items that you see in the reflection such as sky, and the terrain are very distant objects. Removing them would almost completely remove all items in the reflection.

HiTech
Ahhh, that does make sense. 

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 05:23:24 PM »
Coogan,

Then if the new Bump Map Environment slider that causes the mirror reflections to show up is the problem. How about asking for these view modes but, they take the place of enabling\disabling Bump Map. Then the slider and the first 3 steps on the slider? I can only support it enabled sitting with the slider at None. Full Update is beyond my system but looks super sitting on the runway offline.

I have never tested the theory that I could enhance some portion of my visual bombing or shooting endevors by disableing Bump Map. Have you tested it?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 05:45:48 PM »
I've never tested that bustr.  I was just thinking that if we could minimize the distance that the reflections would display, CV reflections for example.  I thought it may be possible to show the reflections of the CV and all aircraft in the immediate area, instead of drawing the reflections that are miles away.

Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 06:22:57 PM »
I've never tested that bustr.  I was just thinking that if we could minimize the distance that the reflections would display, CV reflections for example.  I thought it may be possible to show the reflections of the CV and all aircraft in the immediate area, instead of drawing the reflections that are miles away.

Coogan

The are already optimized and only shown at a short distance in the reflection.

HiTech

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 06:30:36 PM »
The are already optimized and only shown at a short distance in the reflection.

HiTech

I still agree with your first explanation of this.  blame bustr. :lol

Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 07:04:25 PM »
Just mount a tiny mirror on top of your monitor, a tiny picture of your favorite prono queen on your forhead, and enjoy a real life reflection when you get frustrated with the ones in the game.... :)

What are you doing, using the reflective surfaces as a rear-view? I tried that once in a pony and the con shot better than I expected for most players...... :bhead

I think he didn't trust how slow and level I was flying by how he snuk up on me........ :airplane:

Beleive me, you can't see anything of value anyway in those pretty graphics. Just lots of colored pixels..........
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.