Author Topic: Building a new rig  (Read 444 times)

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Building a new rig
« on: October 09, 2012, 11:33:24 PM »
Now that I actually have money to spend on such luxuries, I was thinking of replacing the ancient pile of spare parts that I'm using now for a new system.

Rather embarrassingly, I am good with technology and computers but at a complete loss for where to start.

I was poking around earlier and nearly had a heart attack when I saw the graphics cards running for $150 a piece.  My biggest problem is that I don't know exactly memory the graphics card would need to run AH at decent settings.  1GB of graphics memory seems to be the average (and the cheapest).

Anyone have some advice on this subject please?

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
Re: Building a new rig
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 12:37:55 AM »
Depending on how much you want to spend i would contact Rich at TD computers.
He can build you a system that can run the game real good and also give you some good advise as to parts of you want to build one yourself. Call him at 678-634-0431 and he can help you.

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 04:24:25 AM »
Talking about the radeons, the 7700 series will run AH well with almost all the eye candy turned on, for 105-125$. Those cards might have 2GB onboard RAM, but they cant really use it, 1GB DDR5 must be enough for them.
The 7800 series will run this game maxed out on 1 full-hd monitor or at medium settings on 3 monitors. The 7850 has an 1GB version for around 170$, but this is a strong enough GPU to take use of the 2GB ram.
I would recommend the 2GB 7850, it has the best price-performance ratio on the market. The HIS one costs 199$ on newegg.
AoM
City of ice

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 03:46:40 PM »
Depending on how much you want to spend i would contact Rich at TD computers.
He can build you a system that can run the game real good and also give you some good advise as to parts of you want to build one yourself. Call him at 678-634-0431 and he can help you.

LawnDart

+1 TD