Author Topic: Ship guns questions  (Read 343 times)

Offline CSI147

• Zinc Member
Ship guns questions
« on: October 11, 2012, 07:55:04 AM »
I've been gone many years.  Lots of things changed and a lot of things I simply forgot.  Anyways, how do you change the range on the ship guns for AA?  I noticed at the bases, I can change the range for the AA with the C or V button but not on the ships.  Also is there a way to range a target from the ship to shore?

Thanks!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Ship guns questions
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 08:02:02 AM »
Welcome back  :cheers:

Ship 5" AA guns have proximity fuzes, so no range input is required.

For shooting land targets, us the "Land Mode" (either shift or ctrl Q  :headscratch:). You can then click with your mouse on point on the map you'd like to shoot at and the range&bearing is set. After that you make the corrections with your stick/mouse as appropriate.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CSI147

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 08:03:48 AM »
Thank you.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 10:22:43 AM »
Also is there a way to range a target from the ship to shore?

Thanks!

CSI, 8" guns max range is 32k and 5" is 16K.  The 8" can neatly destroy a town from 18 miles out.  Get it darn close to white.  Here's the trick: put the town in the center of your map.  Zoom in all the way until the town appears to be a large yellow square on your monitor.  Next, mow it down like you would a lawn.  Do not fire all over the place.  Work a pattern.  You have salvo 4 times each minute.  Click on the town to aim.

You do not need to see the town.

5 mins of effective 8" work leaves precious little of the town up.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 10:29:10 AM by Hap »