Author Topic: saw an f35 yesterday  (Read 273 times)

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
saw an f35 yesterday
« on: November 20, 2012, 06:03:37 AM »
yesterday at work we heard a jet coming over, and noticed it was the f35(99% positive it was).  I guess burlingon vermont residents are throwing a fit about it because it is loud.  didnt seem tooo awfully loud to me.
http://www.northcountrypublicradio.org/news/story/20605/20121004/burlington-area-residents-debate-f-35-noise
I say deal with it, I grew up next to Ft.Carson military base and heard artillary and tanks all day and night, and just about any military bird you can think of. :devil

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
Re: saw an f35 yesterday
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 08:18:13 AM »
Stupid people.  You bought a house near an airport AND a military base and you expect peace and quiet?

Duh! 
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 02:41:15 PM »
Oh you should have heard the crying here in Niceville.

The city sued the airforce citing lowering property values and disturbing the peace or some other horse manure.

The 35 is a unique noise for sure. Most jets make a tearing nose and the 35 is much throatier roaring noise. i like it  :)

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 02:51:52 PM »
Is it Burlington that has a unit of F-16s based there?
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 06:17:40 PM »
yea I think that there are 16s stationed up there.  The 35 most deffinetly has a very unique sound,  :rock

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 07:20:52 PM »
Not going lie I hated being in Springfield, MA the past 4 years for undergrad due to the Air Force Base located up in Westover and etc.  Damn fighter jocks always thought it was funny to fly low early in the morning.  Always waking me up from much needed sleep lol.  Seeing the huge cargo planes as well made you wonder how they are even flying.  In the afternoon it was a spectacle to see, but hearing early morning buzzes was not a thing I liked to hear.  You name it, Ive seen it including F22s.

Now the only thing I hate now is while I dont have to deal with the Air Force, at least that Ive seen in Valhalla, NY, do have a hospital on campus at this medical school.  On top of just being a hospital it is the major trauma hospital for Westchester.  That equals out to helicopters going in and out every hour which sucks in the morning because the damn helicopter pilots do like fly over the dorms. 
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 07:27:05 PM »
 :rofl :rofl yup springfield mass sucks, was there a month ago for 4 days, best part about it was...............the ride home :aok