Author Topic: I Predict the Next Plane HTC Brings Forth Will Be...  (Read 11302 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: I Predict the Next Plane HTC Brings Forth Will Be...
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012, 03:24:16 PM »
Hurri and 110 redone, Tu-2 added   :aok
AoM
City of ice

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2012, 03:28:11 PM »
I do hope the hurri and 110 are redone soon. Hurr retains E too well. Both seem to roll too well, and I think the 110 is too manueverable in one axis. Can't recall which. pitch, perhaps? Bringing them up to modern specs means also revisiting their questionable flight models which have been pointed out as wrong for many years. That would truly change the dynamics of the BOB scenario, for sure!

P.S. Both have several versions that could be added during update, as well!

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2012, 03:43:38 PM »
 :huh :huh :huh TA-183 !  :banana: :banana: :banana: Look it up!  :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, 03:59:18 PM »
You are all wrong!  It will be the Soul Plane! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2012, 04:12:16 PM »
Hopefully it's the Ki-43.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, 04:19:57 PM »
he-111 was a revamped airliner, had limited range, poor defensive weapons, and small bomb load, lets hope they keep it out

Oh, how you are misinformed.  Please read up on what it had for capabilities.   :D

For starters, it could carry up to 4400 lbs (2000kg) of ordnance in a typical loading.  In later variants it mounted bomb racks on the exterior for a loading of up to 7900 lbs (3600kg).  Those two loadings match the B26 and B24 in terms of ordnance carried.  Not bad it all.  It is also in the same category in terms of speed as most other medium and heavy bombers.  Climb rate is not all that far out of line either.  Oh, and it did have a 20mm defensive gun mounted in a ventral position in later variants.  In terms of range it had more than the B26, so why is that a problem???  No, I dont think it is too far out of line with the other typical bomber in AH.  

It would fill a HUGE gap in the plane set, and European scenarios will be far more "whole".  

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2012, 04:25:08 PM »
 No, I dont think it is too far out of line with the other typical bomber in AH.  

It's quite far out of the line compared to the most commonly used bombers in AH.

It would fill a HUGE gap in the plane set, and European scenarios will be far more "whole".  

It would 'fill' the smallest existing gap in the AH bomber plane set. A russian bomber would fill a huge gap. Or a capable mid/late war german bomber.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2012, 04:25:14 PM »
The only reason they were labeled passenger planes was because of the stigma of letting Germans build bombers. They were designed to be bombers that could be disguised as civilian planes to calm the outside world's reaction. I think the Ju-52 was the same.

I do hope we get 2 new variants (at least) of a plane we already have: The Ju-88!

I hope they remodel the Ju88 and give us:
1) the current Ju88A-4, which really is more of a 1941 design
2) the Ju88A-1, with less horsepower, less wing area, less defensive guns, which was a BOB participant
3) the Ju188, which started replacing Ju88s in 1943 as one of the main bombers of the LW, but shares similar shape.

Much as I'd love Beaufighters, Heinkels, Kis, and all sorts, I think this Ju88 expansion would fill a bunch of areas we need fleshed out, as well as update an old 1st-gen 3D model.

P.S. Even though He111 would be great for BOB, Ju-88A-1 would lessen that need slightly. It is a better fit for BOB than what we have.

Agreed on all points. <S>
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, 04:30:44 PM »

more late war monsters are in need, i say next edition will be A-26  :bolt:

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 04:33:34 PM »
I actually think varients of existing AC should start to be explored for addition.  Top of my head - B25, B17, P51, F6F, 190, Ju88, Yak, Mossie, Lanc... there are really too many to list, but many if not a few I think would be very good.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 04:37:44 PM »
If the Yak-3 makes it in (which is my prediction of the next plane being added), I will do exactly this: Amputate my arms so I have nothing but a head and torso, grow thick, brown-spotted skin, call myself a potato and then roll off happily into the sunset being a happy potato whom has gotten a Yak-3.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2012, 04:40:16 PM »
I do hope the hurri and 110 are redone soon. Hurr retains E too well. Both seem to roll too well, and I think the 110 is too manueverable in one axis. Can't recall which. pitch, perhaps? Bringing them up to modern specs means also revisiting their questionable flight models which have been pointed out as wrong for many years. That would truly change the dynamics of the BOB scenario, for sure!

P.S. Both have several versions that could be added during update, as well!

I have always felt that the 110s flight model was a bit off (especially the c4b). I am not basing this off facts of any kind, though.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2012, 04:41:53 PM »
You are all wrong!  It will be the Soul Plane! :aok
(Image removed from quote.)
:pray
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2012, 04:43:23 PM »
I actually think varients of existing AC should start to be explored for addition.  Top of my head - B25, B17, P51, F6F, 190, Ju88, Yak, Mossie, Lanc... there are really too many to list, but many if not a few I think would be very good.

While I agree in principle, I don't think we need any other variant of the lancaster or really even the B-17. Effectively speaking the main difference between F and G on the B-17 were weapons loadouts. At least with some variants there is a performance difference that isn't as easily substituted. B-17F would be a nice luxury but very low on the priority list.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2012, 04:47:11 PM »
I want them ALL!   :D :devil
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-