Author Topic: New ISP Adjustment  (Read 3142 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: New ISP Adjustment
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 04:31:45 PM »
Folks, just hang there.  The new ISP is going to review this data and see what they can do.  We are obliged to give them an opportunity to see what they can do to help here.

For the most part, most people are getting better or the same connections.  For those who are not (mostyle England and Germany), please post information in here.

Thank you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2012, 04:37:53 PM »
I've been seeing a more erratic connection in the MA the last couple of weeks. Most of the time it is as normal but occassionally it will get warpy for a minute or two before settling down again. My ISP is Talktalk, here are my traceroutes:

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2012, 06:12:21 PM »
Folks, just hang there.  The new ISP is going to review this data and see what they can do.  We are obliged to give them an opportunity to see what they can do to help here.

For the most part, most people are getting better or the same connections.  For those who are not (mostyle England and Germany), please post information in here.

Thank you.

Skuzzy, thank you for staying on top of it in the community - it does help to know you guys are taking it seriously.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2012, 09:53:44 PM »
I`ve had a few micro stutters here and there...not loads but worse than before
I`m talktalk too if that helps..
<S>Jimmy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2012, 02:07:04 PM »
I'm getting micro freezes and warps as well, no clue what a trace route is though. Mine seems to happen when a new object or other player comes into visual range so I'm not sure if that's a graphical/sound issue or part of this connection thing, but it's definately worse than it was a couple months ago.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2012, 02:39:19 PM »
I'm getting micro freezes and warps as well, no clue what a trace route is though. Mine seems to happen when a new object or other player comes into visual range so I'm not sure if that's a graphical/sound issue or part of this connection thing, but it's definately worse than it was a couple months ago.

That does not sound like network related issues.  More of a resource issue, possibly.  The test started two weeks ago, today.  We are going to run it over the weekend and see what we can get more data from more players and the ISP is going to try some route manipulations as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 12:06:24 PM »
FWIW, new ISP has better connection to me than the old one.

I have PP plots of it............how do you post to the BBS?

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 12:35:38 PM »
I'd like to report that I am still getting many many more mini warps from everyone regardless of their connections and mine.

The new ISP is better for reducing packet loss but worse for keeping enemy planes in the right places. The connection is unstable still.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 02:45:19 PM »
Everyday routes can change.  I need to see data to both destinations, at the time of the issue.  I am trying to get real time data to the ISP so they can analyze the traffic to see what is going on.

I want to stress, we are getting more positive remarks than negative remarks.  As a matter of fact, the number of negative remarks are pretty small compared to the number of players making connections.

We want to help, but we need data, in real time, as often as you need to post it (once a day is good).  The new ISP has eleven different routes available to it, but BGP is pretty stupid and it may need some coaxing.  They have made a few changes and some players just seem to have it bad no matter what we do.

That said, I would like to see some films showing the problem.  That might help.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 03:02:25 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2012, 03:09:04 PM »
Would you prefer to have the films emailed or will a youtube film just showing examples of the mini warps suffice?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2012, 07:28:59 PM »
new

old
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2012, 06:09:51 AM »
Would you prefer to have the films emailed or will a youtube film just showing examples of the mini warps suffice?

I cannot view youtube.  Please email the films.

Twinboom, the biggest issue I see in your traces is at your very first hop.  If you are using a router, you might want to power cycle it.  The jitter looks worse in the 206.16.60.38 traces.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:13:15 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2012, 08:58:47 AM »
No films yet.  The decision will be made soon.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2012, 03:31:56 PM »
Give me time Skuzzy, I have had to look through many many sorties to note times at which warps happen so your not having to watch the whole film.

But I will definately expodite my work and have it sent unfinished so you can see for yourself in the next 15mins or so.

EDIT: I keep getting
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

18.4MB zip file which is under the 20MB limit.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:10:25 PM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2012, 10:55:54 PM »

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd