Author Topic: Looking to coming back to AH... need help with a few things..  (Read 460 times)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Looking to coming back to AH... need help with a few things..
« on: October 30, 2012, 10:16:58 AM »

Hello, gentlepilots.... I am seeking to come back to the skies of AH2 after long, way too long curfew from vintage WW2 aircraft.

I've tried some other, more recent WW2-genre aircombat simulations, but while they may look more beautiful, it just turned out that every attempt at those other games only proved that I simply can't get used to crappy view systems, and the superb hat switch + snap view + view profile system as provided by AH is king, hands down... (not to mention the dumbed-down flight characteristics and transparent views... simply had me repeating one "roadkill!" after the other.

It was actually quite a surprise to learn that as soon as I tried on my newly acquired flight stick (I got rid of all my old flight gear, way back  :furious) , my thumb instantly came alive and started repeating the old viewing habits since my days in AH2... another reason I utterly failed to adjust to other flight games.

So, looks like I'm hooked for life...

But I need your help.

Naturally, now I have none of the essentials I used to have.

I lost all my old gunsights pack, sound pack, skinning tools, view profiles.. etc etc.. the latter two I think I can gradually build back up, but the custom sound files and gunsights files.. I cannot seem to get hold of.

Can any of you merciful pilots, direct me to the latest development of high-quality, user made sound packs and gunsight files?

Much appreciated, in advance.

- kweassa, coming back to AH in his 11th year since v1.05 -

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Looking to coming back to AH... need help with a few things..
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 10:27:58 AM »
Welcome Home, Kweassa!!!  is good to see your name grace these forums  ( and online ) once again

most of the "best/most popularly used" custom sound packs are stickified in the "Custom Sounds" and "Custom Skins" forums at the top, Sir

edit: the gun sights in aces high has had some major & awesome changes updating done to it since you probably last played or downloaded the game.... I recommend you searching the forums/reading up on it perhaps.....

hope this helps

cheers

TC
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 10:31:58 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 10:52:28 AM »
Welcome back, Kweassa!   Will be good to see you up!

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 12:47:48 PM »
A hearty welcome home, Kwessa! Only reactivated my account last night, after 2 years AWOL.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 01:19:21 PM »
 :salute :salute :salute :salute Welcome back.....Guess what im wearing?  :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 12:12:41 PM »
Great to see you back Kweassa! :aok :salute

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 05:56:48 PM »
Great to see you back Kweassa, I remember a fight with you that still ranks in my top 3 Sir <S>!
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline kilroy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 06:02:15 PM »
 :salute Kweassa, I flew with you today. Welcome back to the AH fold. I hope to get a chance to fly with you again and if you need any help / advice (even from a newbie such as I ) just ask.

:salute

Kilroy

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 06:20:58 PM »
Welcome Back.About sound packs there are many,i have been mix matching for 5 years.(example) my 109's p51's ect, all sound diffrent.I can tell a spit 8 from a spit 16 or 14 ,or a b pony from a d pony and so on, just from sound.If you would like my pack just pm me your email and I'll send it.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 06:30:41 PM »
:salute :salute :salute :salute Welcome back.....Guess what im wearing?  :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

One of the biggest reasons I stay around is Daddkev's avatar. Holy crap is that messomirizing! I could watch that patriotism all freaking day long!!

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton