Author Topic: World of Tanks CEO donating  (Read 391 times)

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
World of Tanks CEO donating
« on: October 31, 2012, 01:15:02 AM »
Was reading through the WoT forums when I stumbled on this, I figured some of you guys might find it interesting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9638613/Revealed-the-wealthy-backer-helping-the-hunt-for-the-buried-Spitfires-of-Burma.html

I know that not everyone here likes World of Tanks, but I find it neat that money I invested in a game might end up unearthing a bit of history.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 09:47:24 AM by Skuzzy »
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
Re:Too darned long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 09:01:21 AM »
Easy cheesy   :noid
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Re: World of Tanks CEO donating
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 11:06:42 AM »
It's not really donating if he get's publicity in exchange.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 12:11:49 PM »
anything that helps the old bloke realise his efforts.   

I would hate for the corporate types to swoop in and steal all the glory from his hard work and £££'s.   

Whatever gets them Spitfire's back to Blighty and Duxford!!!   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 02:05:19 PM »
"Mr Kislyi said: “For our most loyal players, who are so evangelical about the game and who spread the word, historical accuracy is all-important. This way, the guys can see that we don’t just talk about historical accuracy, we act on it.”

lol I wonder why we don't have invisable tanks now..... I mean if their game is accurate and all.............. 
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 02:39:53 PM »
"Mr Kislyi said: “For our most loyal players, who are so evangelical about the game and who spread the word, historical accuracy is all-important. This way, the guys can see that we don’t just talk about historical accuracy, we act on it.”

lol I wonder why we don't have invisable tanks now..... I mean if their game is accurate and all.............. 
Pot calling the kettle black, eh?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 02:43:33 PM »
Pot calling the kettle black, eh?

only if you had trouble understanding what was posted.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 02:51:31 PM »
Yes I completely understand what was posted. You are saying that game doesn't have historical accuracy. It does in some aspects, not in others. Every single game is like that. There are game play considerations that may hinder the ability to be completely historically accurate, the only way to be completely historically accurate is to go back in time and relive it in person. Until that is possible, I think they do a fine job of creating a fun game to play in, just like many other WWII-ish era games.

And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to look where a shot came from and shoot back.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:53:08 PM by Spikes »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 03:50:38 PM »
Yes I completely understand what was posted. You are saying that game doesn't have historical accuracy. It does in some aspects, not in others. Every single game is like that. There are game play considerations that may hinder the ability to be completely historically accurate, the only way to be completely historically accurate is to go back in time and relive it in person. Until that is possible, I think they do a fine job of creating a fun game to play in, just like many other WWII-ish era games.

And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to look where a shot came from and shoot back.

So do you think he was stretching the truth or just flat out lieing. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 06:05:46 PM »

The British have actually used Japanese technology to hide their tanks. You can't tell they are there....except for...well....the big cloud they leave behind in sand etc.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 06:13:10 PM »
 Looks like he's willing to donate 1 million dollars.

I wonder if in return he'll get a spit or 2 or 3.....  would be a great investment on his part.

:salute