Author Topic: Midwar  (Read 2172 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Re: Midwar
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2012, 06:41:11 PM »
I agree with AKAK, a few squads in MW will run when attacked. Or plan b, they will attack the other side with less players but u better be ready to fight vs the G3MF.  They will not run, they will not stop, you will die and hopefully you can wax a few of them too. Last night I flew over bish territory to go fight them. Sometimes frustrating because of overwhelming numbers, but just forget the base. That's what they after and they will get it eventually. Fight to get as many as u can. If only we could of had 5 good defenders. Would of been an all night fight.   :salute

Black70

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but when I know Black70 is defending a base, we actually change up our tactics a bit on him.  A damned good stick he is...  And respect him we must!!!

:salute
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline pangea

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 08:34:07 AM »
Good, fun fights with the G3 boys and others last night over a v-base they were trying to take.  We (bish) defended against them for over an hour but they eventually got it.  We were outnumbered but thats okay.  Was a lot of fun.  Can't ask for more than that.  <S> to all, but especially Black70 and Farmboy.  Always worthy opponents.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 11:32:40 AM »
THERE is nothing wrong with g3mf. they are a great squad, lead by rodent, who is a good guy, and they fly squad tactics. if you go against them, bring help, 'cause they'll ruin your day.......or give you massive fun, depending on your outlook of it.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 12:36:03 PM »
Tks Slip, but honestly, i'm just trying to survive as long as I can against you guys.  Pangea big  :aok   :salute. Had loads of fun fighting you. I guess you knew I was the 38.   :eek:  The 109 was just zooming by Farmboy and Cotton, coming straight for me. I was telling them...  darn, this 109 is in love with me. He won't leave me alone.  LMAO  at the end, found out it was you. Was a great fight for that v-base. Out of sequence and you guys were just there at the right time, hiding, waiting in ambush or anything else to shoot down the troops. Those are the kinda fights we should try to create in this game. Those are the ones I play for.   ;)

Black70

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2012, 01:02:03 PM »
Tks Slip, but honestly, i'm just trying to survive as long as I can against you guys.  Pangea big  :aok   :salute. Had loads of fun fighting you. I guess you knew I was the 38.   :eek:  The 109 was just zooming by Farmboy and Cotton, coming straight for me. I was telling them...  darn, this 109 is in love with me. He won't leave me alone.  LMAO  at the end, found out it was you. Was a great fight for that v-base. Out of sequence and you guys were just there at the right time, hiding, waiting in ambush or anything else to shoot down the troops. Those are the kinda fights we should try to create in this game. Those are the ones I play for.   ;)

Black70

fighting pangea in that dam 109 is like fighting cobia38 in his a20. more often than not, you're gonna lose......but you'll have a fun white knuckle fight in the process.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2012, 03:22:56 PM »
I'm not sure how to respond to this Love Fest,  :lol, But admit the fight at the V-base was fun and we did manage to hold out for a second attack.  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2012, 03:45:57 PM »
I'm not sure how to respond to this Love Fest,  :lol, But admit the fight at the V-base was fun and we did manage to hold out for a second attack.  :salute
Embrace it, it comes along rarely! :bolt:

Salute to Midwar,  :salute  the whiners,  :salute  the winners,   :salute and those who just enjoy the fight  :airplane: :airplane:
Flying since tour 71.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2012, 04:36:05 PM »
when it comes down to it, the plane set is the best in mw.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2012, 01:03:55 AM »
when it comes down to it, the plane set is the best in mw.

What he means to say is that the MW plane set is the best in AH.  I agree, it's very well balanced, far more challenging than the LW hotrods (yet not as much of a challenge as the EW plane set, woe, woe).

I wander in there occasionally and have never been disappointed by the fights.  MA standards are MA standards, so one expects the occasional HO, vultch and gang-fest, but it's always been a far cry from what I see when I venture into the LW arena.  Most of the pilots are above average, as someone mentioned, and the smaller number of people allows you to get to know others on the text buffer.

- oldman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2012, 08:08:20 AM »

What he means to say is that the MW plane set is the best in AH.  I agree, it's very well balanced, far more challenging than the LW hotrods (yet not as much of a challenge as the EW plane set, woe, woe).

I wander in there occasionally and have never been disappointed by the fights.  MA standards are MA standards, so one expects the occasional HO, vultch and gang-fest, but it's always been a far cry from what I see when I venture into the LW arena.  Most of the pilots are above average, as someone mentioned, and the smaller number of people allows you to get to know others on the text buffer.

- oldman

i actually miss flying early war.....but there's never anyone in there.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2012, 08:11:07 AM »
:rolleyes:
Midwar is good for nothing other than getting easy perks.

This is one reason that HT needs to make perk points separate in each arena :salute
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2012, 11:21:44 AM »
This is one reason that HT needs to make perk points separate in each arena :salute

I think this would be great!  I prefer to fly EW and MW planes in LW because of this very reason.  Fly the higher ENY planes in LW and get fighter perks faster so I can lose them in a Me262.  I do it often (both parts).

:cheers:
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2012, 01:03:47 PM »
Why not close down EW and MW arenas and have one WW2 arena? Maybe also have a WW1 special event, something to attract some interest in that arena. WW1 arena is a nice change of pace every once in a while when there's some people in there.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2012, 09:52:03 AM »
Midwar :headscratch:

Did you hit a wrong key actually want to discuss ---->  Midway! <---- :O

:D :bolt:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2012, 10:18:45 AM »
Why not close down EW and MW arenas and have one WW2 arena?

Why? Just choose to go there or not. Why limit a player's choice?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals