Author Topic: New to AH - needs training  (Read 464 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
New to AH - needs training
« on: November 01, 2012, 12:04:15 AM »
Hi, with my renewed interest CFS's I found this game. I remembered commercials for it from years ago and I'm happy to find it still around. I jumped into this game confident from my days in the late '90's in games I don't remember the names of and slightly more recently in MSCFS Euro/Pac, only to find I'm either not nearly as decent as I thought I was or I have forgotten much. Anyhow, I have read all the wiki's on planes that give me trouble as my opponent and also on the planes I like to fly. The two things I'm struggling most with are engagement tactics from both offensively & defensively and blind spot/SA issues. Just as an example, say I'm in a Dora and I see a Spit or P51D at a distance, I'm at a loss as to how to go about an angle of attack. I usually feel like bait out there on a barbless hook.

I'm usually a late night type, US west coast time, however I'm flexible and can try to work with any schedule.

Thanks,

Mark
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
Re: New to AH - needs training
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 12:26:12 AM »
Hi, with my renewed interest CFS's I found this game. I remembered commercials for it from years ago and I'm happy to find it still around. I jumped into this game confident from my days in the late '90's in games I don't remember the names of and slightly more recently in MSCFS Euro/Pac, only to find I'm either not nearly as decent as I thought I was or I have forgotten much. Anyhow, I have read all the wiki's on planes that give me trouble as my opponent and also on the planes I like to fly. The two things I'm struggling most with are engagement tactics from both offensively & defensively and blind spot/SA issues. Just as an example, say I'm in a Dora and I see a Spit or P51D at a distance, I'm at a loss as to how to go about an angle of attack. I usually feel like bait out there on a barbless hook.

I'm usually a late night type, US west coast time, however I'm flexible and can try to work with any schedule.

Thanks,

Mark
I'm sure a trainer will be around ,but one thing your talking about is merges which is my bread and butter in game, and would be happy to wing up in TA or anywhere to run threw some basics.Fell free to pm me here or look me up online.
The game has a steep learning curve but you looking for training is a great first step.
Good Luck.
  :salute
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 12:28:42 AM by Sunka »
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 01:38:08 AM »
Hey thanks for the quick response. I'll keep an eye out for you in the MA. Sweet video in your signature, the timing of the ACDC "FIRE" and poof  :rock

Offline Condor11

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 02:57:48 PM »
I can give ya some help tonight. Im on pst time aswell just lemme know your hours

Find me in the MA as covernow. I fly bish but we can go to a dofferent arena
In game: CoverNow
Formerly : Condor
"If you cannot respect the forum posting rules, do not expect to get a twinkie for it."-Skuzzy

***Alchemists***

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 03:56:46 PM »
Hi,

Thanks,

Mark

Welcome to Aces High, RotBaron ( Mark ),

When you say late night / us west coast time.... what times are you referring to? would
that be like 11pm 12am PST??? ( which is 2am to 3am EST )

giving us a possible posted set of times will help the Training corps find / get you some help

Feel free to post here and also pm any trainer, for anything you need help with, Sir

<§>
TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 04:16:28 PM »
 Rotbaron,

I can usually be found in the training arena between 9pm and 11 pm est. most weekday evenings.

If you log into the TA,check the roster,it will tell you who's logged on in the arena.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 07:15:59 PM »
Thanks for the responses. I'll look for you in the TA's. The times that are most suitable for me would usually be M-F 9pm(AZ/Mountain time after this weekend) until several hours later. AZ doesn't go on daylight savings. During the weekend I have even more flexibility.

Thanks,
Mark

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 07:41:34 PM »
When you get ready to do some ground war stuff, give me a shout, I'll help you   with your GV training! :old:
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 10:25:29 AM »
Heres some videos to work with in your spare time.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE4C59347B00&feature=view_all
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE