Author Topic: Clouds Flickering  (Read 1643 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Clouds Flickering
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 01:49:32 PM »
How do you purge the drivers?
you uninstall, then use a program like driversweeper, reboot then install the new. each time you have to reset the vision control center settings.

Why would i want AA off?Game doesnt look good with it off.
i don't personally see much in the way of differences with my 6950. did you at least set aa and af to application controlled in the vision control center?

jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline numb1

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 01:54:06 PM »
Ok even with AA off it still does it even in offline play.The clouds have no effect on my frame rates instead they just seem to flicker.
I am grateful for your help guys  :aok
I5-3570k,Asus Sabertooth,Corsair H100i,Corsair AX850,Two His IceQX2 7950 boost cards in crossfire,Cooler master Storm Stryker case,Western Digital 1tb HD,Intel 180gb SSD,Qnix 27in 1440p PLS OCed to 120hz monitor

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 01:58:17 PM »
I will try turning it off.How do i purge the drivers?

Using the "Add/Remove" utility that comes with drivers does not clean out the registry, nor many of the files drivers install.  From time to time these 'remnants' can cause problems with updates to those drivers.

Using a third party utility, to remove all the driver remnants, insures your driver updates are done correctly.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 10:36:42 AM »
numb1 what they are saying is get some software to clean out your old drivers.

just because you deleted them does not mean they are gone. they leave whats called a ghost file behind.

here is a link to some free software that helps remove those ghost drivers

http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/03/windows/system-utils/driver-sweeper-free-software-to-remove-drivers.html
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline numb1

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 05:02:15 PM »
Thanx for the help guys.As of now i think i got the problem fixed.I have to set the AA mode to supersample which is higher quality and it fixes the problem,At least has fixed in testing.It drops my fps down to about 50 with everything maxed out but i can deal with that.I had it set to multisample when i was getting cloud issue for better performance.

Thanx again guys i will update when i put some more time into game and let everyone know if this is permanent fix.
I5-3570k,Asus Sabertooth,Corsair H100i,Corsair AX850,Two His IceQX2 7950 boost cards in crossfire,Cooler master Storm Stryker case,Western Digital 1tb HD,Intel 180gb SSD,Qnix 27in 1440p PLS OCed to 120hz monitor

Offline numb1

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 01:26:30 AM »
Now i seem to be getting artifacts in game play.I will be flying and it looks like a bullet goes by but no one is there.I will be in the tower and there will be alot of shapes and tears.Guess i have a bad vid card.I am going to get this card RMA today.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 04:38:06 AM »
I could be wrong but I understand you should have the AA in the control panel set to "Applicaion Controlled", then use the AA slider in AH to change it? :headscratch:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline numb1

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 02:54:24 PM »
Ok got my new Gpu and tried again and same problems.I went to AMD forums and looked up my problems.There seems to be alot of people getting these same flickering and artifacts with AMD 7xxx gpus and the new drivers from 12.8 on.I downloaded 12.4 and no problems.Amd seems to know about these issues and is working on new drivers.

RT even if i set AA to app controlled i have to choose what kind of AA i need to use supersample or multisample.Now i can use either and no probs with older drivers. <S> Holmes

Thanks Guys for the help.