Author Topic: Rounds going through tanks  (Read 2092 times)

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
Re: Rounds going through tanks
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2012, 03:48:45 AM »
All good points Smokingloon, I too have heard many a gripe raised that you have so aptly just put to bed, but I think the issue that chaser is seeing and I know its an issue that I've seen is that there are no allowances given for kinetic energy in game with the explanation hitech laid out for us.

For example, and this dovetails perfectly with what you were saying ..... I have film of a hvap round hitting another t34 at fairly close range just under the turret (a place that I assume would have less armor thickness to it... a "sweet spot") and got the hit sprite that hitech referred to which tells me it hit just below the gun mantlet or the topside of the Hull, either way it's angle of attack was very low, meaning it should retain most of it's kinetic energy for its "high angle of impact" on the "sweet spot" that joins the turret and the hull.  But by hitechs explanation that round is a "dead round" the second it hits the first surface irrespective of its angle of impact.  It maybe impossible to program this into the game but its incredibly irritating to place a shot where to my way of thinking should be a sure kill shot only to have it do nothing more than kick up dust behind what should be a exploding tank. 

Just my two cents. 

~S~  Nishizwa

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
Re: Rounds going through tanks
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 08:02:15 AM »
Is it possible that the post above could have something to do with chaser's continued issues??   HTC would it be possible to program this into the game?

:salute. Nishizwa

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too