Author Topic: How would someone go about....  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: How would someone go about....
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 03:27:48 PM »
bologna

LOL have to think about that response for a month or so Perd or just getting in to the mood for the next scenario? :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 04:53:10 PM »
Caught a guppy! Who said Guppy fishing was hard?
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 07:28:27 PM »
Can't you two just get along.  :old:

:lol
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 06:32:22 PM »
"Dedicated GV'ers" show up for a Scenario....now that's funny.

The normal spawn-camp-shoot GV'ers won't show because it doesn't fit their spawn-camp-shoot tactics.

And tactics for the GV'ers....lol. There is something funny to me about that as well.

You would have a better chance of snapping  a picture of Bigfoot ridding a unicorn, wearing a four leaf clover, while sitting in the bomb bay of a B-29 in the Main Arena, than you would of having 20 "dedicated gv'ers" sign up and show up for an all GV setup.

IMO,

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 11:18:07 PM »
I hope your wrong

:noid
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 10:59:48 AM »
Wow...

What a blast!

That is a shame. Because the setup is going to be fun. A little over a year ago, I created an all GV frame in the December SEC ANZIO campaign. GVer's had great time in that frame. But I tell you the truth.
HighTone is right in this capacity;

IF THE LEADERSHIP DOES NOT PREPARE FOR THIS EVENT PRIOR TO THE FIELDS OPENING, IT WILL BE CRAP.

This is not my humble opinion. I have seen this over several years now, in scenarios and several other events, i.e. SNAPSHOTs, SEC etc.

These frames will be objective based and require a Patton or Rommel style of leadership to be successful. To date, I haven't seen this from the ground
community. The air guys are all over this kind of challenge in spades, to the extremes even.

In my experience, if the leadership is too great on one side or the other in a GV setup. The weaker side of the leader which ever side that is gets trounced
in a maze of confusion and ambiguity. Then players begin to complain about the setup and its not fair and all other sorts of statements that ultimately are
controlled by good leadership and proper planning.

The February SEC event is posted on the AH calendar. It's all ground... NO AIR AT ALL (period)...

I challenge the Generals that will be at the helm to immerse themselves in this event and make it the best GV event ever.

I can guarantee you this. If this event is a flop. It will not be because of the setup.

Best of luck to February's SEC side COs.

The February SEC write up can be found here.

The side COs can now make their presence known and begin to recruit players at anytime now. Again, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!

:salute   
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 11:41:54 AM »
 :rofl

Of course players at fault NEVER the setup.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."