Author Topic: What to do about the P-51D scourge?  (Read 5718 times)

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
Re: What to do about the P-51D scourge?
« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2012, 09:02:20 PM »
Scourge unite, clear the skies of non believers!
The UNFORGIVEN

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #151 on: November 08, 2012, 12:31:40 AM »

K4. Ponies hate Taters.
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: November 08, 2012, 05:28:29 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

K4. Ponies hate Taters.

A bit of a dilemma, considering K-4's are horrible at maneuvers along the speeds which the typical MA-environment P-51s are at... whereas Fw190Ds would be better suited at those speeds, but then quickly fall under trouble once the speed is down and overshoot maneuvering begins.

That being said, in a very average environment, the quickest way to dispatch of P-51s would be simply the La-7. Equally hated and fast enough to catch P-51s before they make their escape.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #153 on: November 08, 2012, 05:44:43 AM »

There are no such stats available.
However, we can look at kills of Air-to-Ground kills and Ground-to-Air deaths combines as a (weak) substitution:

Of course it's only showing part of the picture, especially in terms of offensive vs defensive attack missions. Spit 16s are mostly used defensively, while P-51 are much more being used on strikes into enemy territory.

What does air to ground kills only look like............ ? from my point of view I might suffer many deaths (in e.g an La7) fighting another AC low over enemy wirbles/ostwinds/gguns but have never carried ord against them.
Ludere Vincere

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: November 08, 2012, 05:51:08 AM »
A bit of a dilemma, considering K-4's are horrible at maneuvers along the speeds which the typical MA-environment P-51s are at... whereas Fw190Ds would be better suited at those speeds, but then quickly fall under trouble once the speed is down and overshoot maneuvering begins.

That being said, in a very average environment, the quickest way to dispatch of P-51s would be simply the La-7. Equally hated and fast enough to catch P-51s before they make their escape.
Come on, the K4 is perfectly maneuverable at 500+   :D   (Not to mention, trimming is not even needed when they are just flying straight)
Also, it have been proved many many times, the 190D can turn with and outturn the pony at the stall speed, and do it in the most elegant way. Just use her control surfaces with a little bit of fantasy  ;)
Because Dora CAN dance!
AoM
City of ice

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: November 09, 2012, 12:09:05 PM »
Because Dora CAN dance!

...like a constipating hippo.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2012, 12:27:26 PM »
Tell this to those lalas, ponies, jugs, 38s, 109s and even some spits who got killed in full flaps scissors situations, then called me a cheater.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #157 on: November 09, 2012, 01:01:17 PM »
Tell this to those lalas, ponies, jugs, 38s, 109s and even some spits who got killed in full flaps scissors situations, then called me a cheater.
Debrody, you are quite possibly the best Dora pilot to ever leave the game and still hang around on the forums.  Good luck and good hunting! :salute

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »
Debrody, you are quite possibly the best Dora pilot to ever leave the game and still hang around on the forums.  Good luck and good hunting! :salute

I never seen him fly a Dora, only 109g6 probably got tired of pony's running from him heh
JG 52

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2012, 01:28:35 PM »
I never seen him fly a Dora, only 109g6 probably got tired of pony's running from him heh

Do you send these gems from the cockpit of your F-18, or do you wait until you're on the ground?
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2012, 03:19:04 PM »
Do you send these gems from the cockpit of your F-18, or do you wait until you're on the ground?

Jebus that one is getting old and has nothing to do with the thread. Give the guy a break already. ;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2012, 11:35:09 PM »

:neener:
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2012, 02:15:47 AM »
kvuo75, that is a P-47 erroneously identified as a Mustang.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs