Author Topic: War Z  (Read 399 times)

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
Re: War Z
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 03:25:39 PM »
In you're opinion Buster is it worth spending the money?

I most likely will buy it but I would like to hear some info about it first.

:salute

I spent $20.00 on it and have definitely gotten $20.00 worth of fun out of it in the few days I have played it. Last night, running around with five of my favorite folks to game with, killing zombies and looting towns, was the most fun I have had in a video game in a long time.

If you do buy it, you need to keep in mind that it is only in alpha and is not close to being a finished product.

FYI to those interested - it is not downloadable on Windows XP or older.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 04:31:53 PM »

FYI to those interested - it is not downloadable on Windows XP or older.

It should be XP compatible since it's only using DirectX9c

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 05:04:39 PM »
I was really wanting to give day z a go, but by the time I got around to it word of the griefers and hackers turned me off. Definitely going to get this one.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 05:06:36 PM »
It should be XP compatible since it's only using DirectX9c

ack-ack

Interesting...I know a guy who was having a hard time downloading it. I'll let him know to give it another shot - thanks for the info.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 09:43:07 PM »
The simple fact here is the hackers and greifers have moved on for the most part from DayZ because they created a bunch of havoc and then went to WarZ because it was where people went. I have been playing the Survival Ops mod of DayZ (survivaloperations.net) and it is a great setup. Lots of players on at all hours and they have many different weapons and have changed the loot tables so it makes it worth while to get someone to help you and vice versa; as well as trying to hunt down the players and kill them. The zombies have also been tweaked in Survival Ops to make it a little tougher but not so tough that you can't get around them.

Oh and it uses the ACE mod and they are about to change over to the ACRE mod to allow you to put components on different weapons; like silencers, scopes, holo sights, etc...

Anyway I tried WarZ; it was just what DayZ started out as and not much different from the other.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 10:23:26 PM »
Played DayZ the other day, after a 3 month break from it. Spawned on the coast, ran for 5 minutes to the east, found a bus, ran a guy over, drove into a house and exploded because I had no idea what I was going to do next. DayZ is painfully boring when you play alone. Playing with my squad a few months ago was a blast, but now everyone is back to work or class, including moi. DayZ just takes up way too much time. You can't do anything in DayZ (unless you have a chopper) in an hour. You need at least 3 or more to do something productive.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 07:30:25 AM »
Played DayZ the other day, after a 3 month break from it. Spawned on the coast, ran for 5 minutes to the east, found a bus, ran a guy over, drove into a house and exploded because I had no idea what I was going to do next. DayZ is painfully boring when you play alone. Playing with my squad a few months ago was a blast, but now everyone is back to work or class, including moi. DayZ just takes up way too much time. You can't do anything in DayZ (unless you have a chopper) in an hour. You need at least 3 or more to do something productive.

Yeah, it's not nearly as much fun to play solo. Last night we didn't have a full group of guys so I played for about 45 minutes and logged off. The night before there were five of us and we must have been online for 3-4 hours.