Author Topic: Trim Problem  (Read 317 times)

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
Trim Problem
« on: November 17, 2012, 05:44:37 PM »
I currently have a problem with left aileron trim being applied in full.

I have checked my control gear and can find nothing giving a stuck "m"
Next I cleared the "m" key in key mapping, that did not work either

Basically if I have one of the auto trims on I am OK but as soon as I come out of auto trim the aileron trim goes full left needing of course some right stick to fly level. It also seems to occassionally effect elevator trim with that going full up.
I can use the period key to get the trim back for a moment, but it instantly winds itself over to full left again.

I have checked stick calibration in windows and again in AH and all centres are fine, not that the problem is there anyway.

So far as I can remember I have a default keymap but in case this is somehow corrupted how do I clear it? I can't find any key map files to delete.

I use all CH gear (Stick, throttle & pedals) with the control manager programmed to the default key map keys.
So does anyone know what the problem is, because after decades in this game this has stumped me.

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
Re: Trim Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 05:53:59 PM »
LOL typing out the problem made me try something else. I loaded a different CH control manager map and the problem went. So it seems my usual AH map got corrupted even through it does not show any left trim key strokes.

Back to setting it up fresh!

Even better I found I had backed it up so a real quock fix.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 06:09:24 PM by Blagard »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Trim Problem
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 06:11:39 PM »
It sounds like the trim got assigned to an analog control that wasn't centered. Glad you got it straightened out.