Author Topic: Tilde Key not working  (Read 485 times)

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
Tilde Key not working
« on: November 15, 2012, 06:40:59 AM »
I cannot re-size the message window to reflect all messages or texting conversations because the Tilde key does not work.  It simply stopped working.  I thought that the key was defective so I remapped the function to another key and that did not work.  I then hooked up a new keyboard and the key still does not work.  Lastly, I reinstalled the game and the Tilde key still will not work.  I also used the "fix key" function and that did not resolve the problem.  Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how was it fixed.

Offline Wayout

• Silver Member
Re: Tilde Key not working
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 06:49:13 AM »
 Could be a program running in the background that's intercepting the keystroke for it's own use. 
  For most people the sky is the limit.  For a pilot the sky is home.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 08:19:00 AM »
HP computers have a background process for the Bluetooth support that traps the tilde.  Many manufacturers have also decided to change the scan key code of many keys on their laptops.

Go into Options->Controls->Map Keys and use the "Fix Key" button.  Follow the instructions it provides.  If it is a scan code issue, that will fix it.  If it is another program trapping the key and not passing it on, then there is not anything we can do about it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 08:52:18 AM »
I had it happen, and I have that function mapped to a switch on my throttle for ease of use. It turns out that it WAS working, but the text buffer window in the 'maximized' state was no taller than when in the minimized state. Try dragging the top of the text buffer window and making it taller, then test your function again.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 08:57:27 AM »
I had it happen, and I have that function mapped to a switch on my throttle for ease of use. It turns out that it WAS working, but the text buffer window in the 'maximized' state was no taller than when in the minimized state. Try dragging the top of the text buffer window and making it taller, then test your function again.

Yep, thats what hppens to me too.. lately for some reason I've had to do it more often.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 09:11:12 AM »
Yep, thats what hppens to me too.. lately for some reason I've had to do it more often.

Most likely some folder (or files in there) got marked 'read only' and AH cannot update them to record the new settings.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 09:58:21 AM »
I have had a similar issue--- looks like the same as Imadot, where I thought the tilde key stopped working, but in fact it actually hasn't.  It was just a setting somewhere change that my 'expanded' view was the same size as the normal view.  

To fix, I log into aces high, get into the tower, press the tilde key to go to 'expanded view' (even though nothing happens), then I 'resize' the window.  Then once I press the tilde key to return to normal size it would work properly.   This happens every few months or so.

Hope this helps, maybe.

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 01:22:02 PM »
Thanks for the responses guys.  I tried all of the suggestions and nothing worked.  I guess I will just have to get use to not having the full message window. 

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 01:33:47 PM »
disregard my last post.  I went back into the game and followed Imadot's suggestion of dragging the top of the chat box to the top and I now have my chat box back.  Again I thank you for your responses.   :banana: :x :rock