Author Topic: Sweden finds Russian WW2 sub in Baltic  (Read 377 times)

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
Sweden finds Russian WW2 sub in Baltic
« on: December 18, 2012, 06:45:33 AM »
Another awesome find  :aok

http://news.msn.com/world/sweden-finds-soviet-submarine-wreck-in-baltic-sea-4?ocid=ansnews11

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Sweden finds Russian WW2 sub in Baltic
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 08:25:34 AM »
Another awesome find  :aok

http://news.msn.com/world/sweden-finds-soviet-submarine-wreck-in-baltic-sea-4?ocid=ansnews11

:cheers: Oz

At first when I saw this in the news (Soviet sub found) I thought they found one of the subs they were depth charging in the 80's :)
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 07:47:25 PM »
Very nice  :aok
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Sg11

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 08:27:23 AM »
 :)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 08:39:03 AM »
Cool find.  I hope it is respected as it should be as a tomb and left alone.   :salute 

I hope this type of thing is able to bring closure to the families that were left not knowing the fate of their loved ones. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.