Author Topic: auto log out? hitek check the stats  (Read 1749 times)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: auto log out? hitek check the stats
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 01:29:26 PM »
Seems you are cool about departing from realism in your gameplay.

I don't know if you're being deliberately obtuse or if you're really this stupid  :headscratch:

Regardless of what your own fantasies are while playing Aces High, it is just a computer game. Most paying customers like to have the option to fly a number of different planes, despite your realism wet dreams in which this would not be possible.

ENY restricts us sometimes in the name of balancing things out a bit, which I don't have a problem with. There is always a large selection of planes to choose from in the hangar :aok
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 03:32:08 PM »
ENY restricts us sometimes in the name of balancing things out a bit, which I don't have a problem with. There is always a large selection of planes to choose from in the hangar :aok

Unfortunately it's even harder to balance sides with the stupid 12hour switch limit!
-AoM-

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 03:39:19 PM »
Yeah the 12 hour limit is pretty awful, although luckily doesn't affect me too much personally

Besides, real life fighter pilots couldn't change which country they fought for every 12 hours. You must hate realism!

:rolleyes:

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 09:47:37 PM »

I should count as negative ENY for whichever country I fly for.

Same for me! I just up the scores for the other side!
Tex

"If you wanted a glamor picture to send home you sat in a Mustang, when you wanted to come back from a mission you sat in a Thunderbolt."

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 09:56:02 PM »
I don't know if you're being deliberately obtuse or if you're really this stupid  :headscratch:

Regardless of what your own fantasies are while playing Aces High, it is just a computer game. Most paying customers like to have the option to fly a number of different planes, despite your realism wet dreams in which this would not be possible.

If it's just a game, why do I see you arguing gunnery, flight, and damage modeling in the forums?

From the tone of your posting, none of it should matter.

Nothing you say matters Coombz.

Everybody knows that.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 11:04:33 PM »
lol where have you seen me arguing about gunnery, flight and damage models?   :) more blatant lies from icepac

It should be obvious to anyone with half a brain that there is a compromise to be made between the realism of the game and the enjoyment for the customer

There are lots of great features in other flight sims that greatly enhance realism and immersion that just wouldn't be practical for an online game like this

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 11:41:27 PM »
Well, if it was supposed to be realistic, your subscription would be canceled and you'd be banned for life the first time you got shot down, wouldn't you?  :huh

But there's a difference between realism in the flight model and realism in the aspect of the larger war. Wanting the first but not the second isn't really a contradiction.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 12:27:33 AM »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 09:12:04 AM »
But there's a difference between realism in the flight model and realism in the aspect of the larger war. Wanting the first but not the second isn't really a contradiction.

Very well stated.

HiTech

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 05:59:00 PM »
Some of us simply can't devote 100% of our time while playing, so we sit in the tower. I'll log on fly a sortie or two and then may need to attend to something with the kids. So, I'll sit in tower while I cook them some dinner or get them ready for a swim, come back for another quick sortie or two and the Ack will be looking at me with those eyes. Sit in tower for a bit while I tend to her. If I was to get auto booted I probably wouldn't do those sorties, you would be cutting off your nose despite your face because instead of having guys in the tower who will up and help you out every now and then you would just have low numbers.

my .028

:cheers:
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 01:14:38 PM »

He once chased down a realism by entering a shallow dive and  eventually over taking it. There shoudl however be a 30 min timer if you are afk for 30 minutes  then you should be logged out.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:16:50 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 03:26:32 PM »
He once chased down a realism by entering a shallow dive and  eventually over taking it. There shoudl however be a 30 min timer if you are afk for 30 minutes  then you should be logged out.
Read my post, do you really want less players in the game?
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 03:28:29 PM »
If you take longer than 30 mins doing somehting while your pilot sits in the tower than 2 minutes to log back in aren't going to be that big of a deal are they?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 03:31:29 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 03:31:09 PM »
He once chased down a realism by entering a shallow dive and  eventually over taking it.

lol  :lol

I don't think it's possible for there to be less players in the game than there already is during aus/kiwi prime time :(

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 08:30:24 AM »

Yeah true. If flying drunk and visiting the kitchen during a climb to a fight wouldn't be realistic I'd be scr.. no wait!  :joystick:
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone