Author Topic: New idea for the clipboard hangar  (Read 387 times)

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
New idea for the clipboard hangar
« on: March 11, 2013, 03:45:59 PM »
Hey guys, I want to thanks for creating a tab system for selecting a war machine. I did suggest using the tabs a few months prior to that addition. I'm really liking it.

If I may, I just thought of another idea to build on the current tab selection. I know what you’re thinking, oh boy, we already have enough work as it is. I've seen other requests to have custom planes/vehicles settings for each plane, including different load outs for the same plane. What I would like to propose is an additional "favorites" section to each tab (but maybe not in the "favorites" tab). Each of the plane and vehicle settings tabs could have a favorites section at the beginning of the list. The favorites section would start out empty and only include planes added by the user. For example, in my bombers only tab I could save a custom name for the C-47, 1st one with troops and 2nd one with supplies. I would like to have a short custom name for each. I suggest adding a favorites section at the top of the list because it is easy to get to with limited scrolling.

I'm fine with the current tab system as is, I figured if my idea above was somewhat easy to implement it may be a cool addition.

correction, lol sorry, I got school teacher’d, err hangar not hanger.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:10:12 PM by smoe »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: New idea for the hanger
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 04:04:57 PM »
ok picture time:

this is a hanger:

and this is a hangar:

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline TheMercinary60

• Copper Member
Re: New idea for the clipboard hangar
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 01:45:22 AM »
today i learned two things:
the differnce between hanger/hangar

and that the world of clothes hanger advertising must be a really cutthroat buisness
Formally Merc flying with the 99th Blue Lagoon Bandits
I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled.

HiTech - in response to davidwales

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 09:42:35 AM »
All I can say is that is one fine looking hanger.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 03:24:39 PM »
All I can say is that is one fine looking hanger.

Blushes......thanks man.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 03:36:16 PM »
That hanger may be the single most over-engineered thing I have ever seen in my life.

As to the wish, not a terrible idea.  It would be kind of nice to have your 'go-to' loadouts for a specific airframe one click away if you have a tendency to do odd things for specific reasons and then forget you did them until you're wheels up and notice your fuel gauge at 25% and you're heavy.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 04:32:33 PM »
Interesting idea from a player's time to play is limited perspective.

Let's see. Introduce multiple custom tabs.

[Mission Type Tab<enter description here>]
Aircraft type
Fuel loadout
Weapons loadout
Gunsight <---some players jobo with one and furball with another.
Convergence <---some players change convergence for misson types.

Since we already have All, Fighter, Attack, Bomber. Is there any reason our setups under each already existing tab couldn't be different from the other tabs? P51D under Fighter only has guns and drop tanks. P51D under Attack has everything. And when you choose to send one or both to your favorites it will show P51D(f) and P51D(a) with the loadout options chosen including different gunsights. The All tab may no longer be necessary.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 04:18:59 PM »
Add to this having one set of convergence for the P51Df and another for the P51Da mode.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.