Author Topic: Here it is...  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Here it is...
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 07:36:28 AM »
Skuzzy

I got the EVGA z77 FTW mother board and I still am using my i5 2500k ... Tried the i7 2600k in it and it seemed to slow down ALOT. Can you suggest a good CPU for this MB????

CrazyLwn

I really do not know anything about that motherboard.  Sorry.

have had the antec 900 case for 6 years and it hasn't fried any components in all that time surprising they are still selling it!  The huge top fan is the business as heat rises. 

Am looking at a new board / processor / ram combo for a cheap fix up are there any advantages over the 2011 socket compared to 1155?   Price wise the I7's are the same but the 1155 boards are half the price what gives?   

I have no idea.

I tally that at a mere $3,090.65
Thats 3,307.00 if you live in New Jersey  after sales taxes.

Damn cheapskate. LMAO

But you should be able to run a game of Pong or Stargate on that if you turn your in game graphic settings down and get maybe 20-25 FPS I wouldnt try to do much else with it if I were you though   :neener:

Seriously though. Damn nice looking system. I see you did leave yourself open the option to OC though. Lets see how long you can resist LOL

Howd you like the modular PSU? I thought you werent a big fan of modular?

Not being critical. Just wondering

The power is so clean in these new generation power supplies, using modular plugs simply does not push the noise levels beyond acceptable levels anymore.

For anyone considering the motherboard I used, here are a couple of tips.

There are two small fans that come with the motherboard.  Be sure to test fit the top one with your aftermarket CPU cooler before mounting it.  Also, be sure to plug in all your SATA cables before mounting the motherboard in the chassis.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 10:50:25 PM »
 :aok

Congrats on the newborn Skuzzy.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 01:36:22 AM »
My PC is dead  :old:

So I will be getting a new one after christmas :old:

I have a HD6970 spare now :)

So what's the best card now on the scene ?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 02:22:00 AM »
My PC is dead  :old:

So I will be getting a new one after christmas :old:

I have a HD6970 spare now :)

So what's the best card now on the scene ?

Depends on how you look at it. If you're prepared to pay 500 bucks extra the nvidia GTX690 is the fastest single card. AMD 7970 Ghz edition gives best bang for buck at top level.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 02:33:30 AM »
Depends on how you look at it. If you're prepared to pay 500 bucks extra the nvidia GTX690 is the fastest single card. AMD 7970 Ghz edition gives best bang for buck at top level.
I doubt you could see any significant difference with HD7970 compared to your "spare" HD6970. IIRC the #970 is the fastest model of its series anyway. The main differences between the flagships of 6000 and 7000 series might be support for some new feature that will never be used in any game. The HD8000 series is on its way to the market, so I'd build a new rig around the 6970 and wait until there really is need for a new card.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 03:27:40 AM »
I doubt you could see any significant difference with HD7970 compared to your "spare" HD6970. IIRC the #970 is the fastest model of its series anyway. The main differences between the flagships of 6000 and 7000 series might be support for some new feature that will never be used in any game. The HD8000 series is on its way to the market, so I'd build a new rig around the 6970 and wait until there really is need for a new card.

The 7970 has 50% higher memory bandwith and 40% higher texel rate. Those are not features that will never be used ;)

But I agree that you have to be extremely foolish with money or very wealthy to want an upgrade from 6970 using current games. He could go crossfire on the 6970 but for some reason I've always hated the whole idea. It brings variables into the system that I don't like. If problems arise (and they do) you'll be hard pressed to know what is caused by hardaware, drivers or just imcompatibility to SLI/Xfire.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:35:46 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 07:20:25 AM »
So my 6970 is still a good card?

I know nothing about pcs, it's 5 years old and I only found out its water cooled.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:27:03 AM by zack1234 »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 07:39:28 AM »
So my 6970 is still a good card?

I know nothing about pcs, it's 5 years old and I only found out its water cooled.

The 6970 is a high-end card released less than 2 years ago.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 08:02:18 AM »
Do you have any beer money left Skuzzy?  :devil

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 08:14:18 AM »
Zack,
6970 ~ 7870 with a higher TDP. Absolutely not a bad card.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 08:54:50 AM »
Do you have any beer money left Skuzzy?  :devil

I can manage to scrap some coin from the sofa cushions.  I am pretty sure I have a stein with a hidden cache of change I have been tossing into for the last twenty years as well.  Just have to remember where I put it when we moved.

Actually, I paid about 30% less than what the prices are now.  Got it all during the Black Friday sales Newegg was having.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2012, 09:08:46 AM »
I have to noctua NH-D14 too, it is awesome. I've read that there a couple better one, but they are difficult to find.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 09:36:40 AM »
The only reason I went with the Noctua sink was the fans.  I have been impressed with the quality of all their fans.  Super quiet and long lasting.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2012, 10:25:07 AM »
Top 1% of gaming computers right there... not to mention you actually have the know-how to get the power out of it (Love the quad TB drives!).

PICS OF CASE!!!

(Also, can you run Aces full out? kekeke)

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2012, 10:31:30 AM »
Top 1% of gaming computers right there... not to mention you actually have the know-how to get the power out of it (Love the quad TB drives!).

PICS OF CASE!!!

(Also, can you run Aces full out? kekeke)

With vsync disabled and all the advanced options enabled, 2048 texture size, 2048 shadow texture, and the environmental slider at midpoint, the frame rate does not drop below 60FPS when flying in or around a B29.

It was a quick test.  It probably needs to be tweaked if I really was able to fly online.

Not really built for gaming.  It does rock for video editing though.  

I have no way to post pictures.  Have to be able to take them first.  Then have to find a host for them.  Blah, blah.  Too much trouble.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese