Author Topic: Here it is...  (Read 1813 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Here it is...
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 10:59:01 AM »
One other thing.  The monitor I got is not really a good gaming monitor.  I got it for color accuracy, which I need when editing video.

Most games today look pretty bad, when you run them on a properly calibrated monitor.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2012, 11:40:05 AM »
Most games today look pretty bad, when you run them on a properly calibrated monitor.

:lol
Many websites too.
 :lol
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2012, 02:21:34 PM »
With vsync disabled and all the advanced options enabled, 2048 texture size, 2048 shadow texture, and the environmental slider at midpoint, the frame rate does not drop below 60FPS when flying in or around a B29.

It was a quick test.  It probably needs to be tweaked if I really was able to fly online.

Not really built for gaming.  It does rock for video editing though.  

I have no way to post pictures.  Have to be able to take them first.  Then have to find a host for them.  Blah, blah.  Too much trouble.

Nice setup Skuzzy,I opted for a 2700K to save a couple bucks and grabbed a 120g ssd but otherwise I have the same setup,oh I got a 902 case but it's almost the same.

I've been having issues with the 7950 tho,mine is an XFX unit with dual fans and with out self shadows on it runs fine but I'm getting artifacts and what looks like texture load issues.

I have the stock driver that can with it out of the box and to be honest I'm not sure of the version. What I'd like to know is if you have any of these issues or not and what solved the problem. Seems several others ingame are having some issues with the ATI cards ATM.

:salute

PS: seems to manifest itself when changing view,I use the hatswitch if that matters.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 02:36:45 PM »

Nice setup Skuzzy,I opted for a 2700K to save a couple bucks and grabbed a 120g ssd but otherwise I have the same setup,oh I got a 902 case but it's almost the same.

I've been having issues with the 7950 tho,mine is an XFX unit with dual fans and with out self shadows on it runs fine but I'm getting artifacts and what looks like texture load issues.

I have the stock driver that can with it out of the box and to be honest I'm not sure of the version. What I'd like to know is if you have any of these issues or not and what solved the problem. Seems several others ingame are having some issues with the ATI cards ATM.

PS: seems to manifest itself when changing view,I use the hatswitch if that matters.

This morning I did a quick 'walk through' of the game.  No artifacts, and performance was smooth.  I panned around a B29 on the runway.  Changed the time of day to increase the shadows and never saw anything out of the ordinary at all.

I have no idea what version driver I installed.  I used the one that came from Sapphire.  I did do a custom install and left out several things.  The HDMI audio driver and the Catalyst Control Center were not installed.

That HDMI audio driver can cause all manner of grief and the CCC sucks off 10 to 15 percent of the video performance just by installing it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2012, 03:21:57 PM »
 Thx Skuzzy,

I disabled the HD audio as it was causing conflics with my soundcard but I have the CCC installed.

I didnt setup the machine as I'm just not qualified but I will have my tech guy look at that.

I was wondering about the driver version you're using,I read in tech support some guys have rolled back the drivers and are having better results. I'd thought I might have a bad card but it seems others using the 7series ATI cards are having the same or similar issues.  Hopefully it's just a driver problem and it gets corrected soon,I was disappointed with the 7950 and wished I'd got an Nvidea card. But after seeing that I'm not alone hopefully the solution can be found.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 03:39:10 PM »
Awesome! Any pics!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 03:51:53 PM »
morfiend, I'll check to see what driver I have installed.

No pics.  No way to make them.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 08:44:27 PM »
morfiend, the best I can come up with is the version of the driver as shown in DXDIAG.

Version: 8.982.0.0
Date: 7/27/2012 8:13:56 PM
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2012, 08:28:00 AM »
Top 1% of gaming computers right there... not to mention you actually have the know-how to get the power out of it (Love the quad TB drives!).

PICS OF CASE!!!

I built my desktop with the same case. The fans will cool a room on a hot day  :lol

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2012, 06:16:44 PM »
morfiend, the best I can come up with is the version of the driver as shown in DXDIAG.

Version: 8.982.0.0
Date: 7/27/2012 8:13:56 PM

Thx Roy,I,ll check on mine and see if theres a difference.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2012, 06:57:15 PM »
I know Windows 7 will never boot as fast as Windows XP did (for me), but I managed to get it under 10 seconds.  I think that is about as good as I can get, from regular hard drives.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2012, 07:58:44 PM »
8.982 is 12.8.  They are up to 12.10 I think (and 12.11 in beta?).  (12.8 is the latest that supports XP.  I rolled mine back to 12.4 but I actually lost 6% performance so I went back to 12.8).

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2012, 08:29:59 AM »
Nice set up Skuzzy!

:aok
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2012, 02:32:12 PM »
8.982 is 12.8.  They are up to 12.10 I think (and 12.11 in beta?).  (12.8 is the latest that supports XP.  I rolled mine back to 12.4 but I actually lost 6% performance so I went back to 12.8).

Thx for the clarifacation on the drivers 715,I was kind of scratching my head when Skuzzy said his driver was 8.982 as I'd been read that some were rolling back to 12.4 so I thought I might have to go all the way back to 9.0 or something..... :rofl

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2012, 10:25:59 PM »
One other thing.  The monitor I got is not really a good gaming monitor.  I got it for color accuracy, which I need when editing video.

You'll love it. Especially after you calibrate it. Color accuracy is excellent and gamut is just, well, a mile wide. Awesome ergonomics too
And you got it for damn nice price to top it off. A while back I paid over $2k for it. As for gaming, it won't ghost much but it does lag a bit, especially if you make a jump from CRT. Not a big issue though after you get used to it.

I'm looking to step up to PA30 in 16:10 which is my preferred aspect, I'll probably wait until price drops though.