Author Topic: Achievement suggestions  (Read 8013 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Achievement suggestions
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2012, 05:09:57 PM »
Hartman Achievement....get 352 kills in one tour in one plane.....

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2012, 05:21:50 PM »
Hartman Achievement....get 352 kills in one tour in one plane.....

Without dying because he did it without dying.  The problem with that is, he did lose some planes and bail out and survive which the game has no way of keeping a seperate score on.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2012, 05:43:57 PM »
I'm against the no dying bit, just leads to more timid flying.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2012, 05:55:29 PM »
Without dying because he did it without dying.  The problem with that is, he did lose some planes and bail out and survive which the game has no way of keeping a seperate score on.

was thinking about that....he lost 14 planes.....he never bailed out, but ditched.......

we can only go so far to replicate the feats of the real pilots.....we don't really die, so I think some concessions are needed....so maybe....allow ditches and bails but no deaths......

or just have to get the 352 kills in 1 month in one plane.

I agree for the most part, but with something like Hartmans....I think it would not be too much....

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2012, 06:27:48 PM »
was thinking about that....he lost 14 planes.....he never bailed out, but ditched.......

we can only go so far to replicate the feats of the real pilots.....we don't really die, so I think some concessions are needed....so maybe....allow ditches and bails but no deaths......

or just have to get the 352 kills in 1 month in one plane.

I agree for the most part, but with something like Hartmans....I think it would not be too much....

How about leave it at 352 all-time since it was his all-time and he got more than one month to score them all in, but if you think about this: 352 / 14 = 25.14.  25 kills in one plane/sortie, pluss ending it with either a successful ditch or landing, during one tour might be more plausible and still on par with his real-life achievement.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2012, 06:55:52 PM »
How about leave it at 352 all-time since it was his all-time and he got more than one month to score them all in, but if you think about this: 352 / 14 = 25.14.  25 kills in one plane/sortie, pluss ending it with either a successful ditch or landing, during one tour might be more plausible and still on par with his real-life achievement.

I think all time is pushing it...one month is enough time, I like the 352 number.... :D

I honestly dont care how HTC sets it up...but it should be called "Hartmans Achievement" .....and involve 352 kills......

not sure how intricate the rules of achievement could be made.....

I like the idea of
352 kills.....no deaths allowed...... 14 ditches Allowed must be done in 1 plane in 1 tour...no bails allowed.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2012, 07:00:35 PM »
I think all time is pushing it...one month is enough time, I like the 352 number.... :D

I honestly dont care how HTC sets it up...but it should be called "Hartmans Achievement" .....and involve 352 kills......

I like the idea of
352 kills.....no deaths allowed...... 14 ditches Allowed must be done in 1 plane in 1 tour...no bails allowed.

You are aware of the 352 kill achievement (maybe in axis iron only?) that was included in the beta/current release, yes?  (perhaps some renaming/refinement of it is what you want?)
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2012, 07:04:47 PM »
You are aware of the 352 kill achievement (maybe in axis iron only?) that was included in the beta/current release, yes?  (perhaps some renaming/refinement of it is what you want?)

no I wasn't aware......Thanx I will find it....

I don't think it should have to be done in his plane the G6 (or just German)which he got most his kills in.....he did get kills in other planes...

again how ever HTC sees fit.....

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2012, 01:09:40 AM »

I like the idea of

Hartmann did bail at least once (that I remember) after being shot down by P51s over Rumania. He flew the 109F-K if I remember correctly.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2012, 02:00:18 AM »
P51s over Romania?
As far as i know, he only flew Gustavs on combat missions.
AoM
City of ice

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2012, 02:46:05 AM »
P51s over Romania?
As far as i know, he only flew Gustavs on combat missions.

most of his kills were in the G6....and as far as I know he never bailed ........well he was shot down a few times, but he crash landed his plane each time.....

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2012, 03:01:36 AM »

I dont care how many try and no matter how timid they are. . . if they hit 352 even over the course of separate tours thats an achievement!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2012, 04:13:32 AM »
Sure it is, but I think these achievements should be biased to make people fight more, not less. I would rather see achievements that are either based on total number of kills, or on K/T or K/S. K/D based achievements would not be to the benefit of the game IMO.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 04:18:25 AM by Greebo »

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2012, 04:19:16 AM »
Well, Red Baron shot Snoopy down every Sunday.  Does that count?  :devil

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2012, 05:02:48 AM »
Sure it is, but I think these achievements should be biased to make people fight more, not less. I would rather see achievements that are either based on total number of kills, or on K/T or K/S. K/D based achievements would not be to the benefit of the game IMO.

Meaning they dont benefit you and since you want your style to be better appreciated the achievements should all reflect that?

If you say so.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.