Author Topic: Way To Go Bishops  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Way To Go Bishops
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2001, 12:17:00 PM »
Pongo:
Point 1: Weren't you Knight a few days ago? switching as the war front moves?

Point 2: I was not online last night.  

Offline NHMadmax

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mofsw.com
Way To Go Bishops
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2001, 01:20:00 PM »
good nite i was on till i could not stay awake any longer 3.30am UK time

------------------

NIGHTHAWKS "WE BAD"

[This message has been edited by NHMadmax (edited 01-26-2001).]

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Way To Go Bishops
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2001, 02:51:00 PM »
Rgr hblair.... I am humour impaired a bit today due to being informed I must work overtime all weekend.  

IMHO, these strikes are only REALLY fun in a scenario or other organized event where there is also organized resistance.  Otherwise it just ammounts to ganging up and steamrolling the weakest opposition.  The best way to avoid that issue is to leave the target of your mission until the last minute, and then be sure to target the strongest enemy, and not the weakest.  For the ideal challenge, you want the side the strike force is on to be the numerically weakest and use the organization to compensate, but that won't likely happen just by the nature of the organized missions.

Some of this will possibly be affected in the future by perk points.  Pyro mentioned a possible perk multiplier based on the numbers country to country so that the outnumbered side gets more perk points the more outnumbered they get.  I think that is a good idea, and I hope to see it implemented.

All that said, <S> to Citabria, Hangtime, and the Bish crew for the strikes last night.

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Way To Go Bishops
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2001, 02:59:00 PM »
EVERYONE HAS A TURN IN THE BUCKET!

Our turn (Knights) was the sweetest, down to the Coffin Corner Island for 5 straight days, then one morning, down to 2 airfields, 12 hours later and some heroic battling, Knights come back to get AH first Perk Point Reset from the dregs of hell! WTG KNIGHTS!

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 01-26-2001).]

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
Way To Go Bishops
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2001, 03:03:00 PM »
 The numbers didn't get really lopsided until we blacked out the Rooks radar for 2 hours. Then the rooks began switching sides and/or logging off.

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Way To Go Bishops
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2001, 03:16:00 PM »

Originally posted by jihad:
The numbers didn't get really lopsided until we blacked out the Rooks radar for 2 hours. Then the rooks began switching sides and/or logging off.

Just a reminder to everyone before they let this go to their head, Rooks have been typically the smallest country this entire tour.  Two of the larger squads that flew Rook last tour went Bishop and unfortunately we didnt make up any of those numbers with other squads rotating in.

Its been common regardless of whether we have dar or not to be the smallest country.  LOL....lets see what happen to Bish when they are being hit by two countries, each of which has over twice their numbers  

-Ding

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Way To Go Bishops
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2001, 03:21:00 PM »

The best way to avoid that issue is to leave the target of your mission until the last minute, and then be sure to target the strongest enemy, and not the weakest. - Leph

If I understand you correctly, the only way to do this is to fight a mult-front war, widdling down BOTH countries, only to decide at the last minute which country your gonna force the reset on.

A bit unrealistic, no?

I think people are a bit confused about what happened last night. It wasn't a gang bang, nor was it about some kind of heroic uphill battle. Creating a "challenge" for ourselves would be, strategically, foolish - no? The goal from the outset was simply to go into the MA as a country, pull together all of the pilots and focus as group to "win the war".

Pretty-much every single Bish pilot  was focused on that one thing, practically all of the buffer chatter was focused on that one thing, and the missions were designed with that one goal in mind.

This was unprecedented, really. Or at least I've never seen anything like it. Resets usually just evolve from conditions where a reset eventually becomes possible, or even likely.

This one was *forced* from the word go.

All countries started on equall footing (numbers were even at the beginning, untill as hblair said, the going got tuff)....and just 4 hours later it was over.

I wouldn't worry about seeing this kind of thing too often... Just as some people worry about not seeing this type of thing *enough*. It was a just night that was very...uhm... neat.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Way To Go Bishops
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2001, 03:40:00 PM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
Pongo:
Point 1: Weren't you Knight a few days ago? switching as the war front moves?

Point 2: I was not online last night.  

No. I was a civy a few days ago.

Well you should have been to stop the madness..
Im better now Rip....
The language filter was telling me last night that I should go and watch a sitcom...
so I did...

Offline anRky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.domogarden.com
Way To Go Bishops
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2001, 04:25:00 PM »

Ripsnort wrote:
---------------------------------------
EVERYONE HAS A TURN IN THE BUCKET!
----------------------------------------

But *WHY*?!!?!?!

This is what I've heard for years, but why???  Why is it more fun to either gang or be ganged?  Is there no middle ground?  Is not a tough fight against a capable force preferable to a foregone conclusion?

Nash wrote:
I think people are a bit confused about what happened last night. It wasn't a gang bang, nor was it about some kind of heroic uphill battle.

It was about a gang bang, pure and simple.

-----------------------------------------
Creating a "challenge" for ourselves would be, strategically, foolish - no?
------------------------------------------

A 'challenge' would be fun, though.  

The goal from the outset was simply to go into the MA as a country, pull together all of the pilots and focus as group to "win the war".

....eEEeee......eEEeee....... ...eEEeee......eEEeee........ ..eEEeee......eEEe
ee..........eEEeee......eEEee e..........eEEeee......eEEeee ..........eEEeee..
....eEEeee..........eEEeee... ...eEEeee..........eEEeee.... ..eEEeee..........
eEEeee......eEEeee..........e EEeee......eEEeee......

--------------------------------------
All countries started on equall footing (numbers were even at the beginning, untill as hblair said, the going got tuff)....and just 4 hours later it was over.
------------------------------------

I've only been here a little over a month, but since then, I've never seen the Rooks on equal footing with anybody.  That's why I joined them, and when someone else becomes the underdog, I'll join them.

I wouldn't worry about seeing this kind of thing too often... Just as some people worry about not seeing this type of thing *enough*.

I just came from an environment that is a pure numbers game, plain and simple.  (called Air Warrior Big Pac)  I was hoping that things might be a little different here, but it seems that things are the same all over.

anRky
-Ih8ubb (and arena play, too!)

Offline devildawg

• Zinc Member
Way To Go Bishops
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2001, 04:41:00 PM »

Originally posted by anRky:

I've only been here a little over a month, but since then, I've never seen the Rooks on equal footing with anybody. That's why I joined them, and when someone else becomes the underdog, I'll join them.

By you going to the underdog side, does give you free range to cry when you get stomped? I only wished that I was on last night (I fly Knight) just to see the mass organization happen.

------------------
Retreat hell!! We're just attacking in another direction!
Proofread if ya want, it's your dime.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Way To Go Bishops
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2001, 04:42:00 PM »
Shit...what a bunch of whiney turds.  Hangime & Citabria did a pretty impressive job at organizing things last night, and instead of congrats on managing the huge feat akin to herding cats, it's "wah, you ganbanged us".

Remember this thread dated 01/24/00 that told the night and time of the Bishop aggressions?  If you didn't want to get hit so hard, you could have organized yourselves.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Way To Go Bishops
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2001, 04:46:00 PM »
Everyone over in AW such biatches? Or just this new crop of fellas?  

Offline anRky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.domogarden.com
Way To Go Bishops
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2001, 05:02:00 PM »
devildawg wrote:
----------------------------------
...does give you free range to cry when...

SOB wrote:
Shit...what a bunch of whiney turds...

Nash wrote:
Everyone over in AW such biatches? Or just this new crop of fellas?

Sounds just like AW over here so far.  No one wanting to discuss the issues, instead you just resort to name calling.

SOB also wrote:
Remember this thread dated 01/24/00 that told the night and time of the Bishop aggressions? If you didn't want to get hit so hard, you could have organized yourselves.

Bragging about your ability to gangbang someone before you do it doesn't make it any more impressive.  It just shows contempt for your opponent.

anRky
-Ih8ubb

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Way To Go Bishops
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2001, 05:10:00 PM »
SOB, I do believe the rooks saw that thread, but they were misled by a clever misdirection comment from Hangtime:
Due to unforeseen events......the combined ops are postponed until further notice.....Come to think of it, we probably won't do combined ops....just too much to think about.....ok new orders..
All Bish fly to A1 and furball there and do not leave that grid. It is tactically and strategically important that we hold A1 at ALL costs!!

That is all

It seems the entire Rook force amassed at A1 in preparation for an attack that never really materialized.  When they realized their mistake, they logged off to watch "who wants to be a millionare".

AKDejaVu

Que

Way To Go Bishops
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2001, 05:29:00 PM »
To Ripsnort:

New sailor is told that the good news is..if he feels like he needs a woman to use the barrel with the hole in it. After a couple of days onboard he trys it..and it feels great!
Then the new sailor is told the bad news..Tuesday is his turn "in the barrel".
SO..its barrel..not bucket.  

Que<--suffering AH withdrawel