Author Topic: Get the DA back to Normal!  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: Get the DA back to Normal!
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 08:37:34 PM »
Skuzzy,
is that possible to enable the 262s only at a certain pair of airfields (far enough from the furball lake) to let us practice jet vs jet dogfighting?
AoM
City of ice

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 09:16:15 PM »
Does this mean Copperhd has to give Skuzzy a "Saved a Subscription" achievement award?  Just asking... :D

#skuzzysbonusisnowsecure
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 09:21:07 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 10:33:18 PM »
Skuzzy,
is that possible to enable the 262s only at a certain pair of airfields (far enough from the furball lake) to let us practice jet vs jet dogfighting?

That would be nice. But a long ways from Iron Bottom Bog.

~AoM~

Offline blazer65

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 08:13:31 AM »
Skuzzy,

+1.  A Jets only furball area sounds like it could be alotta fun.  Put it on the other side of the map and there should be no issues.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 08:54:16 AM »

+1.  A Jets only furball area sounds like it could be alotta fun.  Put it on the other side of the map and there should be no issues.

Have someone spawn a custom arena (with ANY map you want); Enable only 262's. If you regularly get 16 people and players are getting turned away because of that limit, then you can start your petition for jets in the DA. HTC has them disabled in the DA for a reason, even if none of us knows what the reason is.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline blazer65

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 09:21:56 AM »

Have someone spawn a custom arena (with ANY map you want); Enable only 262's. If you regularly get 16 people and players are getting turned away because of that limit, then you can start your petition for jets in the DA. HTC has them disabled in the DA for a reason, even if none of us knows what the reason is.

I guess if you say so.....the point is to create the same kind of open furball lake like there is in the DA now.  Maybe its been tried before my time and doesn't work, who knows.  I doubt having someone spawn a custom arena would produce the same results.  Would someone need to always be in that arena for it to stay open?  I dont have any experience with customs.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 09:39:16 AM »
I doubt having someone spawn a custom arena would produce the same results.  Would someone need to always be in that arena for it to stay open? 

Yes.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 10:56:49 AM »
Put the fuel burn to 2.0 since I can fly a spit all the way across the map and almost all the way back on 50% fuel.....without drop tanks.

Fuel management is a large part of combat and it has been removed by the 1.0 fuel burn.

Offline blazer65

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 11:27:46 AM »
Yes.

Well theres the problem with that scenerio.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 11:51:07 AM »
I wanted to spoil peoples fun in the DA.

I took a WWI plane and buzzed above the lake looking for vulches. Soon enough I saw a few late war birds engaged in a turnfight... HA! Perfect prey for me.

I turn the bird into a dive and start closing in to the unexpected prey - what a humiliation it will be to get shot down by a WWI bird!!

I dive and dive.. and dive..
Crack.. wings are gone.  :rock
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2012, 01:32:50 PM »
sucks when the shoes on the other foot huh copprhead? the DA is crap anyway. its a fake MA whose regulars are scared to fly the real MA. but they would fit right in with the MA. they can hangout at the end of runways waiting for lifters in the MA, just like they do in the DA. they can pick 1vs1's in the MA, just like they do in the DA. and run from fights, just like the MA. i think the jets fit right in with the fake MA mentality.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, 02:13:27 PM »
sucks when the shoes on the other foot huh copprhead? the DA is crap anyway. its a fake MA whose regulars are scared to fly the real MA.

Ah the popular misconception that the DA lake regulars are afraid to fly in the MA  :lol

The biggest distinguishing feature between the furball lake and the MA is that DA sticks typically engage and fight it out whatever, whereas the typical MA pilot fades in and out according to whether they posses the advantage or not, so 'scared to fly the real MA' is rather amusing to me.

Btw, I don't know what your problem is with Copprhead, but he's probably done more to promote good friendly fights than anyone in there since the regulars of The Breakfast Club gave up trying to do so.

You can segregate those that fly at the lake into two factions: those that fight, and those that show up to exploit those that fight, that's why the 262 would be an even bigger pest than the Tempests.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2012, 02:30:58 PM »
Ah the popular misconception that the DA lake regulars are afraid to fly in the MA  :lol

The biggest distinguishing feature between the furball lake and the MA is that DA sticks typically engage and fight it out whatever, whereas the typical MA pilot fades in and out according to whether they posses the advantage or not, so 'scared to fly the real MA' is rather amusing to me.

Btw, I don't know what your problem is with Copprhead, but he's probably done more to promote good friendly fights than anyone in there since the regulars of The Breakfast Club gave up trying to do so.

You can segregate those that fly at the lake into two factions: those that fight, and those that show up to exploit those that fight, that's why the 262 would be an even bigger pest than the Tempests.

Ooooooo.  I like this a lot.  Except you neglected a small factoid:  most of the DA regulars are F3 gamers and while I find most of them fearless of the MA, I do find most of them ego-bound to the DA for their dependence on F3 gunnery.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2012, 02:32:43 PM »

Unfortunately this is all I find in here....many times it will be regulars who run to friends if they have lost the turn fight (and may not even try to turn without a buddy) and even of another chess piece....it is just pathetic.......I used to go often but it does seem to have deteriorated at the lake.....Do you still frequent the place shida? ... it was quite a different place when you and ardy...and there were a few others there helping others out a couple/three years back...surely if you look back at that time you can see that there has been a steady decline of competitiveness at the lake..there is much more bully tactics there now.

The lake is the lake I know...but it too had a good vibe...now though...in my opinion it is like a little club and if you are not a member you are out... in reflection though...it is good thing as I prefer not to be known as a member :D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 02:43:36 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2012, 02:38:35 PM »

I wouldn't say that they don't like to run, as a lot of them do if they get the chance, but just that they can't most of the time because the average skill set of a non-Tempest flying DA lake pilot is rolling 90 degrees and pulling back until the stall limiter cuts them off, leaving them with no E to escape.