Author Topic: Rearm Pad?  (Read 611 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Rearm Pad?
« on: December 24, 2012, 01:46:19 PM »
I cant find the fighter rearm pads I keep reading about.  Does it show up on thr field maps?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Rearm Pad?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 01:56:33 PM »
No, but they are near the end of every runway. Look for the road that comes of the runway in an arc (not a strait 90 degree turn) like and off-ramp. About 90 degrees through the turn you'll see a little building with a small "parking lot" next to it. On the "parking lot, you'll see a big yellow circle painted with the words "Rearm" in it. pull up AND STOP in the circle and you'll get a message Rearm will be done in 30 seconds, and when it is done you'll get rearm finished.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 02:09:06 PM »
Perfect! 
Thanks a bunch fo the quick answer.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 09:39:04 PM »
  As The Fugitive said, they don't show up on the map.  Or to be more correct, they are not marked on the map.  Near the end of each runway, sometimes on the taxiway, you will see a small bulge.  That is the rearm pad. 
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 10:28:41 AM »
They're usually a short distance from the end of the runways down a taxiway, as Fugitive said.  The only two exceptions are short (fighter) runways at large (three-runway) airfields where the rearm pads are directly off the ends of the short runway, and carriers where the rearm pad is invisible but located on the aft-most area of the flight deck (around the wires - to reach it after landing on a carrier, gently apply ~2-4% throttle and you'll start slowly rolling backwards on the carrier deck).
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 10:52:06 AM »
and carriers where the rearm pad is invisible but located on the aft-most area of the flight deck (around the wires - to reach it after landing on a carrier, gently apply ~2-4% throttle and you'll start slowly rolling backwards on the carrier deck).

If you fly a proper approach and actually catch a wire with your tailhook, you will start rearming immediately. If you miss the wires and end up further up the deck, then be very careful (using the F3 view is helpful) backing up to the wires to rearm.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 01:34:55 PM »
I am an expert on backing up on carriers. Thats because I kept missing the freaking wires. These guys left out some important information. FIRST, you must retract your hook after landing. If you don't and you try to back up, you may find yourself accelerating backward until you are flung off the back of the carrier. The brakes will not work after you hit a certain speed going backwards so you are completely screwed at that point. Second, it's important to learn to steer backwards so you don't end up so close to the edge of the deck that you have to go forward again to correct it. That can take a long time which is something you don't want to do in a combat zone. Practice it in the TA or offline. Once you get rolling backwards close the throttle. With practice you will learn what backwards speed will be maintained ok and what will not. If you are sweating how far back you need to go, just look for the wires. You can see in F3 mode the wires behind your plane. Or if F3 is not enabled (like in the LWA), just use the side view to look for the wires. I don't recommend trying to back up from the front half of the carrier. Although I have done it several times, it takes a long time and is really hard to do. Just tower out and launch normally.

I rarely use the rearm pads in the main arenas. With my luck, some bomb**** will come along while I am rearming and gets a kill for free on me. I have no need to see my name in lights so landing one kill is just fine. Unless all of the fighter hangers are down, I can then reupp immediately with full fuel and ammo.
Tex78

"If you wanted a glamor picture to send home you sat in a Mustang, when you wanted to come back from a mission you sat in a Thunderbolt."

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 02:35:44 PM »
You can see in F3 mode the wires behind your plane. Or if F3 is not enabled (like in the LWA), just use the side view to look for the wires.

Really? F3 mode is disabled for planes on the ground (on the carrier deck should count as "on the ground") in Late War?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals