Author Topic: Track IR  (Read 432 times)

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
Track IR
« on: December 15, 2012, 12:58:15 AM »
Below is a link to a track IR on Ebay. I am hopeful someone has purchased this particular unit and can provide some feedback on quality, etc. There are several of them on sale for roughly $125-$135/range.

Thoughts or suggestions? Things I should be considering?

Thanks in advance!
Boo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Natural-Point-TrackIr-5-Premium-Head-Tracking-for-PC-Gaming-P-TR-506-1008-/190770627009?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item2c6ad0c1c1
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: Track IR
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 10:23:32 AM »
That one appears to be missing the base to the camera Boo, plus they've got the reflectors marked as a track clip (which has independent lights on 3 arms).

Personally, I'd buy one from Naturalpoint - I'm always wary of buying anything 2nd hand/used etc (that could just be me though).

That will work with the version 5 software just for info.

Should you buy trackir for this game - imo, yes, but again, thats just me.

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 03:58:41 PM »
I would rather buy it from natural point too.  they're on sale for 164 plus shipping and tax i guess.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

get the one with the clip pro and dont actually attach it the way it says in the instructions but tape it with electrical tape so it points in the same direction.  the clip on mine broke after attacking it but that was my bad.

either way but has been used and abused and it still works.  i have broken the clip in several places but electrical tape is your friend  :cheers:.

midway
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 05:04:51 PM »
I'd avoid the one in this auction unless you are handy enough to make your own base.  The sensor sits on top of the base and stays in place with a magnet on a swivel mount. It works quite well sitting on top of my rather thin LCD monitor.  I have no idea how I would get it to sit in the right position and angle without the base.

And I'm with Midway on the Track Clip Pro.  It clips to the headset and takes an amazing amount of abuse.