Author Topic: Overinflated EGO Award  (Read 2809 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Overinflated EGO Award
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2013, 05:50:02 PM »

I don't know where the term cherry pick originated but even if there is no official definition of it, it will have a definition based on what the majority decide it should be, not what the minority opinion is.

In the flight sim community, cherry pick has always meant engaging someone else that is otherwise already engaged.  The term is like vulch, which in the original meaning is shooting down someone taking off or landing but now apparently has encompassed being shot down while on the deck at low speed, regardless if the target is taking off or landing. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2013, 07:21:00 PM »

pick is easily definable, the definition is being debated.
This.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2013, 09:15:18 PM »
This.

What is your point? I said it is easily definable, that fact is just as true as this one ---> people normally have an aversion to doing it the easy way.   :D

In the flight sim community, cherry pick has always meant engaging someone else that is otherwise already engaged.  The term is like vulch, which in the original meaning is shooting down someone taking off or landing but now apparently has encompassed being shot down while on the deck at low speed, regardless if the target is taking off or landing. 

ack-ack

Agreed. But I would put the vulch example in the cherry pick category. Anything that is virtually helpless as a result of position, damages, overwhelming odds or engagement logically fits the description of "a cherry waiting to be picked."
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod