Author Topic: Welcome Screen Logon Blues  (Read 3476 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Welcome Screen Logon Blues
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2012, 01:05:42 PM »
Yes, Microsoft has always kept tabs on things you do with Windows, but now they have taken the next step, with Windows 8, in removing control of your computer from you and placing it in their hands.

Iti s not hard to see where they are going.  One day,you will not own anything on your computer.  You will rent/lease it all for a monthly/annual fee.  Fail to pay the fee and your application disappears.

Cloud computing is all about control of the applications as well.

One day end users will wake up and it will be too late.

Strictly speaking all software licenses are already 'a right to use' not ownership. But I hear your concern and you're not alone in worrying about the direction. Luckily there are alternatives, even free ones.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Welcome Screen Logon Blues
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2012, 02:27:34 PM »
Strictly speaking all software licenses are already 'a right to use' not ownership. But I hear your concern and you're not alone in worrying about the direction. Luckily there are alternatives, even free ones.

My concern, combined with the lack of knowledge with most end users, are the primary reasons I will not recommend Windows 8 to anyone.  Secondary to that is the lousy GUI.  Next you will be driving your computer with a mouse, a keyboard, and a touch screen.  Sounds like a lot of work to me and not a lot of fun.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com