Author Topic: Reward for earning EVERY achievment...  (Read 606 times)

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
Reward for earning EVERY achievment...
« on: December 13, 2012, 06:35:27 AM »
Do we get a free year of play or something?  Thats a lot of work to earn all of those if someone ever actually takes the time to do it.
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Reward for earning EVERY achievment...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 04:03:50 PM »
If you take the time to earn every achievement, you'll have at least 1000 perk points in each category (and more, likely twice as many) and achieved a great challenge that only you made for yourself, what more would/could you need or hope to achieve from playing in a game, money/monetary-reinbursement?    (don't we all :rofl  :lol )
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 04:05:59 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Tracers

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 04:07:20 PM »
If you take the time to earn every achievement, you'll have at least 1000 perk points in each category (and more, likely twice as many) and achieved a great challenge that only you made for yourself, what more would/could you need or hope to achieve from playing in a game, money/monetary-reinbursement?    (don't we all :rofl  :lol )

Agreed. good response! :rock
Your tears feed me 😃

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 04:22:58 PM »
Personally, I think all low eny aircraft should be unlocked until you've earned the right to fly them through achievements.

"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 06:10:11 PM »

i can earn 1000 perks plus in each catagory without bothering with the achievments.  Wouldnt do me any good anyway as I hardly ever use perked rides.  The achievments are anoying to be honest.  Was just curious if they had some grand prize for getting them all.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 06:22:14 PM »
i can earn 1000 perks plus in each catagory without bothering with the achievments.  Wouldnt do me any good anyway as I hardly ever use perked rides.  The achievments are anoying to be honest.  Was just curious if they had some grand prize for getting them all.

That's the thing about achievements and why most games made within the past decade have an achievement system.  They are only meant to challenge/reward/annoy/agrivate/piss-in-your-cereal if you want them to, and that's the greatest thing about them, they do (and only because you wanted them to!).
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 07:04:01 PM »
true,  i just think the time spent on them could have been better used on something else 

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 03:41:11 AM »
true,  i just think the time spent on them could have been better used on something else 
That statement is generally true to all computer game related activity. By playing, we choose to do something pointless in the first place. Achievements are another option for self stated goals. There are player that play for rank, others for k/D, others for resets and some will for the achievements.

I think that completing all achievements should award you with the "Over achiever" achievement. The problem is that this achievement itself cannot be won unless you already have it.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs