Author Topic: Gun sales today...pretty amazing...  (Read 6749 times)

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Gun sales today...pretty amazing...
« on: December 19, 2012, 07:11:08 PM »
I was at Academy earlier today...There were at least 25 guys back at the gun counter buying guns...felt sorry for the guy working the gun counter as he was the only one there and doinig a great job trying to keep people organised and orderly.

As I was looking for a rod to replace a broken one I was listening to a couple of conversations....a couple of obvious anti gun folks making comments about look at the craies buying up these automatic guns...I just laughed....Hear the gun buyers wanting more and more ammo and clips for thier new AR15's....

I'm a card toting member of the NRA...and not trying to pass judgment , but just for my own wonder , why do people need multiple clips (not a couple) I mean like 6 or 7 or 10....?

If the AR is for home defense , isn't there a better choice out there to defend your castle?

If it's for hunting , are you shooting a HERD all at once? Or limiting out in 10 minutes? and if so what's left to eat after the massacre?

If it's for fun to just take to the range and blow off a buncha rounds , what is the cost of that? How many rounds do people shoot?

I been hunting alot of my life....I own guns....one for home invasion issues and the others for hunting....An AR15 to hunt with might be all well and good...I have a 223 that I hunt with some....but pulling the trigger more than once hasn't really presented itself to me in all my years of hunting deer...If I missed the deer was usually gone so fast that spraying and prayinig wouldn't be a good idea.

Just wondering some thoughts ...

SKUZZY...If this is a bad topic just trash it sir....Merry Christmas to!!!
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Gun sales today...pretty amazing...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 07:12:42 PM »
So that when 'it' goes down, the UAV blows them up surrounded by 300 rounds of ammunition instead of just 30

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 07:16:51 PM »
Because when I decide to spend an entire day target shooting for fun I don't want to have to reload my mags over and over.

Because when I practice for shooting tournaments I don't want to reload those mags.

Plus it's just nice to have. Do people have to have a reason to buy a car that has working A/C and power windows? You don't NEED it.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 07:20:37 PM »
Man, I'd love to respond with a total rant.  Alas, I shall not do such a thing because I do respect the rules of the forum. 

I will say this...  Pass the ammo!!!!
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 07:21:39 PM »
The only issue i have will be the person who comes in here, and starts to make the thread into a 'gun control' thread.  That is strictly political and so that person will get suspended from the board, send me a threatening email, terminate his account and send me another threatening email and then we will have lost a customer, because of me.  Yes, it will be my fault.

I am tempted to lock it just to prevent the above from happening.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 07:23:45 PM »
Good on you Red.
Retired

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 07:33:20 PM »
The only issue i have will be the person who comes in here, and starts to make the thread into a 'gun control' thread.  That is strictly political and so that person will get suspended from the board, send me a threatening email, terminate his account and send me another threatening email and then we will have lost a customer, because of me.  Yes, it will be my fault.

I am tempted to lock it just to prevent the above from happening.

Hiya Suzz...tis ok if ya do sir...it is yalls board and it could get nasty...Just wondering is all...I see your point tho...touchy subject thses days especially.

Your Call Sir...<S>

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 07:41:22 PM »
Edit...  Too goofy.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:56:07 PM by AAJagerX »

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 07:46:32 PM »
Just in case..

"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 07:55:10 PM »
It can save time at the range. You are shooting rather than reloading. Plus they can sort of wear out after awhile and if there is some sort of future restriction you want to have enough replacements for the future. They are fun to shoot sometimes but I've never had a desire to own one because the novelty would wear off shortly. I prefer bolt action rifles for target shooting and hunting.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 07:57:12 PM »
one reason only  FREEMEN.....

and because I choose to...it makes me happy......if I were to do that kinda thing...me I am into swords but the guy who loves his Guns....more power to him...I want all citizens to be carrying guns.......

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 07:59:03 PM »
     I do hear alot of "What does someone NEED that for?"  If you don't commit crimes with it, why should you have to justify buying
one?  No one needs to justify buying an expensive car by having to explain the NEED for it.

I'm kind of stuck here.  I've wanted an AR since the mid 80s, my timing is very bad.  Just tonight looking through the net, trying to
find a 30 round mag is incredibly difficult.  Everyone I checked, about 12 vendors before I gave up was sold out.  No bans, just alot of
interest in high caps.

I have the money, but I just dropped a grand on .22s for myself and my father.  I would really like to wait a bit before the prices go
through the roof again.

I picked up my guns about 2 Saturdays ago at Hyatt Coin and Gun.  My brother and I went in and there must have been 50 customers
in there at 1000.  Both John and I noticed very few window shoppers and ALOT of buyers.  I asked one of the clerks if this was normal or
holiday shopping.  He said this was regular business.  No wonder they keep 7000 guns in stock. 

So I guess I'm not the only guy in the market  :D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 08:03:50 PM by Rino »
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 08:04:49 PM »
Hey Rino, my neighbor is a licensed dealer, and does alot of AR business.  Would you like me to check with him?

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 08:11:28 PM »
Let me restate...I have no issues with whatever people buy...20 clips and 10 AR's...your own lil war cablnet....responsible people owning all they want is cool with me...no issues at all....my whole wonder is really just why do people have all the clips and what purpose the AR is for...home defense...cutting trees down...drilling holes in the sides of dirt mounds or cliffs....just wondering is all...

Interesting replies so far...

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 08:16:16 PM »
I want to comment more....but cant.... :(