Author Topic: Fighter views  (Read 1036 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Fighter views
« on: December 11, 2012, 09:48:35 PM »
I think there is only one view type (in cockpit) that fighter planes possess in our game but I want to ask to make sure I'm not missing anything. SA is one of my biggest challenges atm. I was reading about ACMs on a website known as SimHQ, and it spoke of a view in fighter planes in "Aces High" as a rearward and elevated aft looking view. Is SimHQ referring to our HTC MMO AH, or the PC game, I've noticed the same logo...

When in a fighter and after take-off the only 6 o'clock views I know to use is the keypad #1, 2, 3 and the rear views I have mapped to my hat switch. Are these the only ways or views in our fighters to see behind your 3-9?

I just want to make sure there are not other views that I am unaware of that would increase my SA and ability to track bandits that are behind my 3-9 line.

Hopefully the aforementioned wasn't ambiguous. Sorry if this is a repeat, but I searched and only found relevant threads that are many years old and probably numerous versions behind what we play online now.

:salute

Rot

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Fighter views
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 10:04:53 PM »
The box game and the on-line game are the same game.

For views, if you hold the button for a view you can then use the arrow and page up and page down to slide your head around in that view. Once you have the view were you like it hit the F10 key to save it. To clear a view, hold the button for the view and hit the HOME key and F10 to save that.

check this out http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/fugitivesflashtutorials/headposition.swf

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 10:35:35 PM »
The box game and the on-line game are the same game.

Check

For views, if you hold the button for a view you can then use the arrow and page up and page down to slide your head around in that view. Once you have the view were you like it hit the F10 key to save it. To clear a view, hold the button for the view and hit the HOME key and F10 to save that.

check this out http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/fugitivesflashtutorials/headposition.swf

Thanks for the tutorial. I knew about the arrow keys but not the page up/down in fighter cockpit - thanks.

I re-found the trainers page and forgot how much was there, much more for me to go back and shore up on now that I'm a fair way into the initial learning curve.

Rot

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 10:57:35 PM »
In case you didn't know you can use the 5 key with any other to look up in that direction or the 0 key with any other to look down in that direction and still use the arrow keys with page up and page down to adjust the view.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Ninthmessiah

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 03:37:25 AM »
Did you know that "LookForward" or w/e its called is distinct from the default view.

When your not pressing buttons, your in default view.  Move your head around and press F10 to save. This is the view you normally shoot with.  The view you launch your plane in.

Now pick a button, or hat switch preferably, and bind it to lookfwrd.

Now hold that switch and scoot your head up and forward so you can see over the nose.  Press F10.

Congrats you now have two forward views.  One for shooting and another for...  shooting.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 06:05:20 AM »
RotBaron:

This thread contains some very good advice for beginners, and I agree with everything preceeding. Here are six brief video clips that you may find useful as you review these concepts:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Training/AcesHighTrainingByPeabodyPage03Full.htm
(Click on "Practice with View Keys")

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Training/AcesHighTrainingByPeabodyPage05Full.htm
(Click on "Adjusting the position of your seat and head for best visibility")

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Training/AcesHighTrainingByPeabodyPage06Full.htm
(Click on "Optimizing two separate forward views", then "More Gunnery Tricks: Gunnery Zoom", and finally "Extra Views".)

I hope this helps.

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 07:35:45 AM »
This is good info.  These sites should also be posted on Trainers page. :salute

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 11:33:56 AM »
Did you know that "LookForward" or w/e its called is distinct from the default view.

When your not pressing buttons, your in default view.  Move your head around and press F10 to save. This is the view you normally shoot with.  The view you launch your plane in.

Now pick a button, or hat switch preferably, and bind it to lookfwrd.

Now hold that switch and scoot your head up and forward so you can see over the nose.  Press F10.

Congrats you now have two forward views.  One for shooting and another for...  shooting.

I use the forward hat switch for looking at my instruments.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 09:36:33 PM »
Great info here, ty guys, already paying dividends... :rock

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 12:14:19 PM »
I also like to map a button to "Look Down" if I'm flying bombers.  It's nice to be able to see below you while in external view.
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson